Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season Madness the 11th: BJ's like Dickey

Status
Not open for further replies.

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
The mistake doesn't seem to be too far off other reports right now though. That was the first we heard of Syndergaard.

I know it's a lot to give up, but if it was the last deal reported and we got David Wright as the "unknown" I'd probably do a backflip off a table.

Aub... just think how awesome that would be to play in MLB 13: The Show ;)

i kind of feel like that could be the deal too, 2 top prospects + another need for the NYM a catcher. i think all the talk of tda is making all the new york media **** themseleves over a top 5 position player prospect coming to new york. if TDA wasn't given up for a way better package in reyes buerhle and johnson i highly doubt he will be traded for a lesser Dickey... remeber the kaberle deal the toronto media blew up at the idea of us getting our pick back? well that never happened.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
not sure anyone can be 100 times better than lawrie at defence:help:
obviously that was an exaggeration.. but Wright is easily in the Top-5 defensive 3B's in the league. Lawrie is good and only going to get better.. but if you have David Wright, Lawrie's the one to move.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
It's debatable between he Cabrera and Longoria (healthy).

I think they're talking about defensively, where Cabrera is quite possibly the worst 3B.

Also,

Marc Hulet ‏@marchulet
#MLBTR owes Jays a royalty for almost single-handedly generating rumor traffic this off-season #dickey

I agree.

Scion

May 25, 2012
obviously that was an exaggeration.. but Wright is easily in the Top-5 defensive 3B's in the league. Lawrie is good and only going to get better.. but if you have David Wright, Lawrie's the one to move.

Top 5 defensive 3B based on what? If you say gold gloves, I will immediately place you on my ignore list.

Gardiner Expressway

Dec 1, 2011
Can Lawrie go at 2B and Bonifacio at 1B?

Thinking:
OF: Melky(2)-Rasmus(7)-Bautista(3)
IF: Wright(5)-Reyes(1)-Lawrie(6)-Bonifacio(9)
C: Arencibia(8)
DH: Encarnacion(4)

Scary good

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I think they're talking about defensively, where Cabrera is quite possibly the worst 3B.

Also,

Marc Hulet ‏@marchulet
#MLBTR owes Jays a royalty for almost single-handedly generating rumor traffic this off-season #dickey

I agree.

so true

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Shi Davidi ‏@ShiDavidi 30m
Would have to be significant “@NYPost_Mets: Dickey, Thole another to Jays for d'Arnaud, Buck, Syndergaard and another on table this morn"

ike and lind could be the "anothers" (hope

Animal

Oct 10, 2012
Can Lawrie go at 2B and Bonifacio at 1B?

Thinking:
OF: Melky(2)-Rasmus(7)-Bautista(3)
IF: Wright(5)-Reyes(1)-Lawrie(6)-Bonifacio(9)
C: Arencibia(8)
DH: Encarnacion(4)

Scary good

we're not getting wright why don't people understand that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad