HF Habs: Off-Season Homework

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Caufield's contract is already looking a bit iffy. The last year may have been a down year, but as a one dimensional player he needs to produce.

I suppose they can use cap hits for Anderson, Gallagher, Dvorak, and Armia to negotiate lower salaries now and use the cap savings once those guys go off the books, but I'd be hesitant to give long contracts now. Lowballing and then paying for past performance is how you get Gallagher contracts. Let guys show what they are worth and then pay them.
Caufield has set career highs in games played, goals, assists, points, and even ppg so to say it was a down year seems a bit absurd. He's also not one dimensional, and even if he was he did produce. This is reminiscent of the Suzuki has the worst contract in the league type of bad take.

Also who said anything about lowballing? Are you saying that giving Slafkovsky something like 7.8m on a 8 year deal is somehow lowballing him? Like seriously, no way is that lowballing a guy.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
he could do a legendary move and trade MM, Winnipeg's pick and whatevs to move up in the draft as well.
ps - ylonen sucks balls

Jul 6, 2016
They have to improve at almost everything: offense from their middle-six forwards, defensive game in their own zone, learn to hold leads in a game, have a way better PP and PK. Lots of work.

They could add a couple of affordable UFA players. They could try to hit a HR with Marchesseault... But A guy like Anthony Duclair could be good for the second line with Dach and Roy (???) or Newhook. Duclair got lots of speed and experience. And I think he would be thrilled to play in his hometown.

A guy like Dakota Joshua would be a great addition to a third or fourth line. He is the type of guy teams like TB or Boston love to have. Kevin Stenlund, a big C in Florida, good on pk, would be a good addition too. William Carrier would add character and grit on our 4th line, if healthy.

On D, Matheson, Savard and Guhle are the three sure things. Next off season and training camp will take care of the other guys. Most will be kept (In MTL or Laval) but a couple might be traded for other assets (Harris, or Barron, or Kovacevic).

Tradable or waivers candidates: Dvorak, Anderson, Ylonen, RHP + the D-men I mentioned above.

Hopefully they can draft one of Lindstrom, Demidov, Catton, Iginla, Eiserman or Hage. But I would not freak out if they get Buium or Parech or Davidson. I hope they gonna be able to keep the Winnipeg's pick late in the first. Some very interesting players available between 20 and 32.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad