dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
1654747083715.jpeg

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If we're talking about food, I saw this video about a month ago:

So how would you rank the pizza fast food chains?

I hadn't eaten pizza for over a year when I first saw this video, but his comments about Costco pizza were so good that I had to try it out. Not only can I eat pizza again (it doesn't mess up my acid reflux), but Costco pizza is downright amazing.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

I hadn't eaten pizza for over a year when I first saw this video, but his comments about Costco pizza were so good that I had to try it out. Not only can I eat pizza again (it doesn't mess up my acid reflux), but Costco pizza is downright amazing.

I wouldn’t. Every town worth living in has a decent pizza. Why go for the chain?

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg

I don’t really like fast food pizza more than frozen pizza or more than a pizza that you can put together with store bought dough. Not sure that I have had Costco pizza so I can’t really rank them.
Little Caesars wasn’t as sucky as I thought it would be for $5
Pizza Hut/ Dominos/Papa Johns all kind of suck and cost more than $5

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I don’t really like fast food pizza more than frozen pizza or more than a pizza that you can put together with store bought dough. Not sure that I have had Costco pizza so I can’t really rank them.

Fast food pizza is what you get when it’s your birthday at a shitty office job.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I wouldn’t. Every town worth living in has a decent pizza. Why go for the chain?

My Mum said she had the best pizza ever today. We went to a tiny pizza shop with a very Italian woman making it for us.

I thought it was pretty good. My only error was not asking for extra tomato base sauce. I have anosmia so need a bit more help to spruce up the taste of things.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Little Caesars has to be judged as 2 different pizzas, their deep dish is amazing while their normal pizza sucks. But that's a great way to give yourself indigestion :laugh:

Pizza Hut used to be amazing, but something happened to it over the last 10-15 years. It's not just nostalgia, I feel like pizza hut was substantially better in like 2005 than it is today.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Little Caesars has to be judged as 2 different pizzas, their deep dish is amazing while their normal pizza sucks. But that's a great way to give yourself indigestion :laugh:

Pizza Hut used to be amazing, but something happened to it over the last 10-15 years. It's not just nostalgia, I feel like pizza hut was substantially better in like 2005 than it is today.

Pizza Hut used to have all you can eat buffets in Australia over 20 years ago (pizza, pasta, salad, ice cream). Pizza was decent too back then.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg

When I was in like elementary school Pizza Hut had some kind of program where if you did a book report or something you got a certificate for a free personal pan pizza. I remember those being pretty good.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Pizza Hut used to have all you can eat buffets in Australia over 20 years ago (pizza, pasta, salad, ice cream). Pizza was decent too back then.

Yeah the buffet age of Pizza Hut was when Pizza Hut was great. That's when the pizza actually came out with the sizzling hot pan instead of the shit you get today.

If we're doing a throwback on pizza, no pizza can ever equal the greatness of Cici's Pizza, he said heavily sarcastically.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
North American bacon is cut wrong.

As Sir Mix-a-lot says, I like ‘em round and big

View attachment 557346
American, British, and European bacon are all good for different things, though. :laugh: The key is finding a butcher that gets this.

Anywho. Regarding pizza chat, Costco slices are still way better than they have any right to be, but my number 1 nostalgic pizza of all time is Sbarro's. I know it's crap, but a slice of it in an airport or on the turnpike brings back all sorts of memories of family trips for me.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Is thick-cut bacon a UK-only thing?
That's Slovak slanina, so absolutely not. :laugh:

All charcuterie has a place. Although maybe don't eat breakfast like my grandfather and uncles did-- two slices of cold bacon on a piece of bread with lard, and wash it down with a shot or two of homemade pine gin.

Reactions: Bowski

Bowski

GO LEAFS GO!
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
That's Slovak slanina, so absolutely not. :laugh:

All charcuterie has a place. Although maybe don't eat breakfast like my grandfather and uncles did-- two slices of cold bacon on a piece of bread with lard, and wash it down with a shot or two of homemade pine gin.
LOL, Salo on Pumpernickel and Vodka for breakfast is a Slavic staple! Throw any pickled goodness in for good measure.
That'll get your drab Soviet motor running!

Of course, we are "civilized" now.
Only cooked pork with other cholesterol-heavy ingredients, plus a dark brown laxative. And fruit sugar water if desired.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
LOL, Salo on Pumpernickel and Vodka for breakfast is a Slavic staple! Throw any pickled goodness in for good measure.
That'll get your drab Soviet motor running!

Of course, we are "civilized" now.
Only cooked pork with other cholesterol-heavy ingredients, plus a dark brown laxative. And fruit sugar water if desired.
Slanina and borovička/slivovica for this part of the world (vodka's for outsiders and mother-in-laws you don't like), but yeah, some sort of salted pork + homemade alcohol is pretty much the farmer standard throughout Slavic Europe. :laugh:

Slanina has more meat than fat though, the salo I remember from my time in the Ukraine is much more like Spek-- lots of fatback, a bit of meat. Good for making cracklings or for rendering for other dishes. Also you cannot eat the national Slovak dish of potatoes, cheese, and bacon without špek. Behold, bryndzové halušky so slaninou:

bryndzove-halusky-so.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Factorial

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad