OT: Off season fantasy draft?

Snip Genos

GO LEAFS GO
Jun 14, 2007
Ontario
Hey so would anyone be interested in doing an hfboards fantasy draft where we would have about 31 posters acting as a gm for their own team and then just a draft of players in the league?

I’m sure a few posters here have participated in one like this before, I did about 10 years ago and it’s a lot of fun but just wanted to see if there was any interest in something like this. I don’t feel confident in running this whole thing because I’m always at work but I’m sure someone would be happy to.

Maybe we could use this thread to see how many are interested and by the time the playoffs are over we could start the draft? I think it would be a fun off season thing because it gets long lol

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
We just did one within the month on the mock draft board and could barely fill half. Tough to get committed people.

Always enjoyed these. I've done Hockey, Basketball and Football over the years.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
I'm wary of these now - For those who haven't been around all that long, we used to do these annually, but there were often issues surrounding pick times, lopsided trades (GMs unhappy with their clubs would often give away any stars they had for peanuts), and quality judging, and there were a couple of times where the whole thing ended up getting scrapped before teams could even be finalized.

It's a pretty big undertaking that I don't think I have the patience for anymore - Would be fun to follow along if this turns into anything, though.

Reactions: Kyle92

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Maybe.

I'm wary of these now - For those who haven't been around all that long, we used to do these annually, but there were often issues surrounding pick times, lopsided trades (GMs unhappy with their clubs would often give away any stars they had for peanuts), and quality judging, and there were a couple of times where the whole thing ended up getting scrapped before teams could even be finalized.

It's a pretty big undertaking that I don't think I have the patience for anymore - Would be fun to follow along if this turns into anything, though.

He pretty much nailed it right here. I was part of one a few years ago and it fell apart during the draft.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
We used to do a 2 or 3 round mock entry draft, but even those are hard to find people for, let alone a 23 Round full fantasy draft.

@Schenn ’s prospect rankings is what we usually stick to in terms of offseason stuff :laugh:

Reactions: Schenn

member 147413

I remember these from awhile back. Trading makes it so tough, some people get ripped off which pisses other GMs off.

We had a commissioner at one point who you would message if you wanted to make a trade and he’d have to approve it.

The posters that ran that thing did a really good job but it’s so much work, hard to sustain it for a full year.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
Maybe run a first round draft...If it goes smoothly continue one round at a time until it slows down too much (if that happens)...Allow no trades to stop the bull****...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad