Celtics/NBA Off-Season/Draft - Celtics complete sign-and-trade, send Gordon Hayward to Hornets

Status
Not open for further replies.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I do not understand how this is so difficult for people to understand

If Indy offered that deal he would be going there

And this should have been done before UFA and that Charlotte offer never even happens. No other team was offering him anything close

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
And this should have been done before UFA and that Charlotte offer never even happens. No other team was offering him anything close

why would a team trade for him when he can opt out and look at other offers like he fully intended on doing?

Playing in Indy clearly didn’t matter THAT much to him so he definitely would’ve looked around for a better deal. I mean he just chose a non contender over them

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
why would a team trade for him when he can opt out and look at other offers like he fully intended on doing?

Playing in Indy clearly didn’t matter THAT much too him so he definitely would’ve looked around for a better deal. I mean he just chose a non contender over them

If the match was Indiana then that’s what they should have done. Maybe I’m getting distracted by the report of how much more they were asking for on top of Turner and if that rumor was even true.

It seems to me like Ainge was asking for too much when he wasn’t in a position to do so and lost Hayward for nothing

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If the match was Indiana then that’s what they should have done. Maybe I’m getting distracted by the report of how much more they were asking for on top of Turner and if that rumor was even true.

It seems to me like Ainge was asking for too much when he wasn’t in a position to do so and lost Hayward for nothing

thats only the case if Indy moved on because of Ainge, and I have a hard time believing that over”Charlotte is just being a moron franchise and offered way more than everybody else with a guaranteed 4th year”

At the end of the day there is only so much you can do when the hornets come around and act a fool

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
thats only the case if Indy moved on because of Ainge, and I have a hard time believing that over Charlotte is just a moron franchise and offered way more than everybody else with a guaranteed 4th year

But if that’s the case I’m surprised he picked Charlotte. Maybe we’ll find out soon but I’d be shocked if he had multiple $30m offers in hand. Seems like he dropped his interest in Indiana over a huge, unexpected contract, which who can blame him?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
But if that’s the case I’m surprised he picked Charlotte. Maybe we’ll find out soon but I’d be shocked if he had multiple $30m offers in hand. Seems like he dropped his interest in Indiana over a huge, unexpected contract, which who can blame him?

that’s pretty much where I’m at

I can’t be angry at Hayward for leaving for that. And I’m definitely happy the Celtics didn’t match.

they had signed Hayward before as an RFA so they clearly like the guy

Wouldn’t shock me if Charlotte offered the longest term AND AAV

if they stretch batum it’s basically 40 mill a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad