dabid

Feb 6, 2006
HFBoards
200.gif

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
The Athletic's Dane Brugler had Jones rated 25th overall, and had this to write about Jones:

"Jones is an especially challenging evaluation because he played in a near-perfect situation in Tuscaloosa with an elite offensive line, running game, pass-catchers and play-calling, which makes it tough to evaluate him independent of his surroundings. However, he still had to make the reads and the throws and he displayed advanced-level poise and anticipation. Jones doesn’t have elite level mobility or arm strength, but he is good enough in those areas and he is poised, hyper-competitive and doesn’t make mistakes. He projects as a high-floor NFL starter."

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Or you know, they actually agreed on it? Or the price to move up for someone like Fields wasn't worth it.
If Bill didn't have a history of picking players from colleges his friends coach at and ignoring his scouts advice then i might agree with you. This is 100% a Belichick pick and it's not even just Fields, Jones is just mediocrity who played on rosters with stacked offensive talent

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I am so mad. He's not athletic and played with good players!

You can say that about a lot of QBs lol.

Im a mixed bag on Jones, but I hardly see how being unatheltic precludes him from being good. In fact, it tends to be tbe guys who rely on their athleticism that fail.

Reactions: The National

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
If Bill didn't have a history of picking players from colleges his friends coach at and ignoring his scouts advice then i might agree with you. This is 100% a Belichick pick and it's not even just Fields, Jones is just mediocrity who played on rosters with stacked offensive talent
I think everyone know bill f***ed up with Harry over guys like Brown and Samuel because he didn't listen to his guys.

But realistically, they were choosing between Fields and Jones. Of course they are going to take the guy who comes for a college version of their system.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
They basically drafted Tom Brady again, by which I mean Tom Brady the draft prospect. Very similar profile leaving college. You're hoping that he has the same drive to improve as Brady did. We'll see. Everyone here's rooting for him to succeed. Yes, even you @EverettMike, though I know you're dying to tell everyone 'I told you so' in a year or two.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
The Athletic's Dane Brugler had Jones rated 25th overall, and had this to write about Jones:

"Jones is an especially challenging evaluation because he played in a near-perfect situation in Tuscaloosa with an elite offensive line, running game, pass-catchers and play-calling, which makes it tough to evaluate him independent of his surroundings. However, he still had to make the reads and the throws and he displayed advanced-level poise and anticipation. Jones doesn’t have elite level mobility or arm strength, but he is good enough in those areas and he is poised, hyper-competitive and doesn’t make mistakes. He projects as a high-floor NFL starter."

Hmmm,,

Good offensive line...check.

Good running game....check

Pass catchers....check

Coaching/play calling....check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad