Patriots/NFL Off Season 2019 - Rob Gronkowski announces retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
We're now interested in 67 yr old Jordy Nelson. Better make a trade to address the WR situation.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Waddle signed with Buffalo.

Big depth piece lost.
Waddle wasn't great or anything, but without him and Trent Brown, this offensive line is one injury away from a disaster. It's rare to never that a starting line last 16 games, and our new tackle is coming off a torn ACL.

Need some depth there bad.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Waddle wasn't great or anything, but without him and Trent Brown, this offensive line is one injury away from a disaster. It's rare to never that a starting line last 16 games, and our new tackle is coming off a torn ACL.

Need some depth there bad.

I trust Scar to draft a few quality pieces

Reactions: sarge88

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I think Kelvin Benjamin is still available. He's a big guy. Thoughts? Jim Murray thinks Randall Cobb would be a good signing. I think he's injury prone?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I think Kelvin Benjamin is still available. He's a big guy. Thoughts? Jim Murray thinks Randall Cobb would be a good signing. I think he's injury prone?
Both those guys are well past their prime. Benjamin's never been the most reliable guy either. If I had to choose between them, I think Cobb would be more consistent. I'd rather look elsewhere though.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Both those guys are well past their prime. Benjamin's never been the most reliable guy either. If I had to choose between them, I think Cobb would be more consistent. I'd rather look elsewhere though.
Maybe a trade is coming? I was disappointed to not get OBJ and then Golden Tate. What are your thoughts on Jordy Nelson?

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Pats are interested in Sterling Shepherd

I assume you are talking about Mike Reiss, who works for espn not the Pats, spit-balling potential trade deals with absolutely no claim of any inside info. He's literally just throwing ideas out there that he personally thinks could work.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I assume you are talking about Mike Reiss, who works for espn not the Pats, spit-balling potential trade deals with absolutely no claim of any inside info. He's literally just throwing ideas out there that he personally thinks could work.

Saw it on some Pats IG pages. Said they're interested but Giants are committed to him. They didnt name a source or I cant remember one.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Can't read the whole article, but I saw enough. They want them to admit that they "would have been guilty if it had gone to trial". I'd tell them to pound sand. Kraft's lawyers will laugh at this

So to me, that means they fully know they're not winning the case and this is a last gasp effort to get those arrested to cop to it. I think Kraft's lawyers rip them apart on how they installed the cameras in the shop to start with. The rumors floating are that they plan to attack the phony bomb scare tactic the police used to install the cameras as unconstitutional, which would tie in with why they now are offering a deal if they admit guilt. They're not going to win because they did something illegal to get the video. Same thing with the unlawful stop after the alleged perpetrators left the spa.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
So to me, that means they fully know they're not winning the case and this is a last gasp effort to get those arrested to cop to it. I think Kraft's lawyers rip them apart on how they installed the cameras in the shop to start with. The rumors floating are that they plan to attack the phony bomb scare tactic the police used to install the cameras as unconstitutional, which would tie in with why they now are offering a deal if they admit guilt. They're not going to win because they did something illegal to get the video. Same thing with the unlawful stop after the alleged perpetrators left the spa.

Seems to me the whole thing was one mess up after another by whoever "masterminded" this sting operation. Apparently they thought they'd hang some skins on the wall and wound up getting egg on their faces. What will endure obviously is Kraft's involvement. That can't be undone and will be with him forever

Reactions: LSCII

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Whatever the league hands out will likely be worse than whatever the legal system would've dished out with a guilty verdict anyway, so it's largely irrelevant IMO.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Whatever the league hands out will likely be worse than whatever the legal system would've dished out with a guilty verdict anyway, so it's largely irrelevant IMO.

Do you think the NFL will do anything to Kraft? If the charges are dropped I would think they're more than happy to let this story fade out. It's well before the start of the season so that will work to their advantage as with anything NFL other big stories and controversies will happen between now and the start of the season. They may tell Kraft privately to keep a really low (as in do not sit in the owner's box any more and stay off TV) profile and let it die a natural death

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Do you think the NFL will do anything to Kraft? If the charges are dropped I would think they're more than happy to let this story fade out. It's well before the start of the season so that will work to their advantage as with anything NFL other big stories and controversies will happen between now and the start of the season. They may tell Kraft privately to keep a really low (as in do not sit in the owner's box any more and stay off TV) profile and let it die a natural death

I don't see any scenario where they simply pretend it didn't happen. They likely won't dock any future first round draft picks (maybe dock them one of the supplemental picks they are looking at in 2020), but there will be at least a fine and possible suspension.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I don't see any scenario where they simply pretend it didn't happen. They likely won't dock any future first round draft picks (maybe dock them one of the supplemental picks they are looking at in 2020), but there will be at least a fine and possible suspension.

I expect the same as what Irsay got.

6 figure fine, and a 6 game suspension

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Why should an owners behavior have anything to do with draft picks?

If any team deserved to have picks taken away, it was the Colts with Irsay's nonsense.

This isn't a level playing field issue. I'll be absolutely f***ing livid if they take away ANY pick for this.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

I don't see it. Bob Kraft is still a major player with the big boys in the NFL and they won't gain anything by fining or suspending him especially since it sounds pretty much a given that these charges are going to vaporize. There's no way they can get Kraft to admit anything given how badly botched this was from start to finish. Kraft will pay the price by his image getting tarnished forever but all in all, it's a big nothing. He's a 77 year old man who's private life got dragged through the spotlight, nothing more, nothing less.

The sooner the NFL gets this in the rear view mirror the better. Why would they throw more fuel on the fire by fining or suspending Bob Kraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad