Speculation: OEL for 1C

Your choice?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Trocheck. 24, RHS, 53% FO, signed for 4 more seasons, no NTCs.

As much as I'd like OEL to return to form, I don't think it's going to happen.

Reactions: Antonche

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Trochek is the only potential 1C and is not enough to get OEL 1 for 1.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Im intrigued by a RNH and unprotected 1st(top 8 pick) but Oilers won’t do that until after draft lottery. This assumes OEL has said no under any circumstances to an extension.

I’m really of the opinion this is a Doug Hamilton + or Nylander/Marner + race. Again assuming no way on extension. Hamilton better addresses roster holes assuming we draft one of Zadina, Svechnikov, or Tkachuk (lose first lottery). Would need a C as part of that package and I think we’d want a mid 1st rounder included. CALGARY is a team that I feel given history/relationship w OEL who would be prepared to pay up especially if it means qualifying for playoffs this year. We of course would also improve that 3r rounder we acquired for Smith to a 2nd rounder.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I love Trocheck, but my target would be Leon Draisaitl.

Draisaitl is playing McDavids wing, no? This year and last? Scary that contract and no idea how he'd play away from McDavid or at center in the NHL. Tough to bring in a LW playing with the best player in the workd and dump him into this mess as a center. Risky.
Your candidates?
RNH isn't a 1st line C. Galchenyuk is a LW. Sam Reinhart is neither a 1st liner nor a center. He's a 2nd line winger.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
We can't seem to utilize what very little talent we do have, so I don't care anymore in what way they decide to dilute moving forward.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I would do the Kadri trade........but the Leafs are my Lifelong team. I don't see it but I wonder could there be a fit around Kadri, a couple D prospects and a veteran NHL'er???

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
OEL + Domi + something for Matthews, assuming the arena deal is sealed and they can sign him long term.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
OEL + Domi + something for Matthews, assuming the arena deal is sealed and they can sign him long term.
Your proposal has a 0% chance of happening. I honestly don't think there are two players in the NHL that the Leafs would trade Matthews for.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
There are very few teams with 2 actual number 1 centers that would make it possible to get that return for OEL.

That's why I point to Draisaitl.

The Matthews idea was dead as soon as he pulled on a Leafs jersey.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I dare you to post that on the main board.

There's no reason for the Leafs to trade Matthews currently. It would only happen if they were provided a reason/found a reason. The "something" could be as high as a top 3 pick, even Dahlin. If the Coyotes are unsure about their ability to sign OEL and the Leafs are unsure about the same, or don't want to commit 10+ mil to a given player, they may attempt a huge trade. 1Cs are never traded, you know, until they suddenly and abruptly are. I don't think it's likely but some have already made the case.

I'm not sure Draisaitl is a 1C type producer on a shallow team either.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
There's no reason for the Leafs to trade Matthews currently. It would only happen if they were provided a reason/found a reason. The "something" could be as high as a top 3 pick, even Dahlin. If the Coyotes are unsure about their ability to sign OEL and the Leafs are unsure about the same, or don't want to commit 10+ mil to a given player, they may attempt a huge trade. 1Cs are never traded, you know, until they suddenly and abruptly are. I don't think it's likely but some have already made the case.

I'm not sure Draisaitl is a 1C type producer on a shallow team either.
The Leafs have been looking for a number 1 center for almost as long as the Coyotes, there is nothing the Coyotes could offer to get that trade with the Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad