Proposal: OEL and a 2nd Line Center to Philly

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
A Flyers deal for OEL would probably be centered around Sanheim. Obviously thered be more...dont know what thatd be tho.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don't think that's enough upside for ARI to move on from OEL. Admittedly I don't know who Mark Friedman is, I would assume that you guys are going to have to put a little bit more of a significant piece than one of the 3 players there although Rubstov is a pretty good prospect.

Friedman is similar to Samuel Girard

Undersized PMD that put up great NCAA numbers last year and turned pro this year.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Chayka will want to package of this value: Couturier, young Dman (Sanheim/Hagg?) and a conditional 2019 1st based on OEL resigning. Coyotes could add Richardson.

Know that's a big ask...but that's what Chayka would be holding out for...........

4d4.jpg

Reactions: BrokenStix

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
This is how I feel with the Leafs. Not sure why everyone feels the need to rip it all apart. I get that the good players will get paid, doesn’t change things.

Y ea I don't get it either, fans seem to get impatient and want to win it every year, so they feel they should buy high all the time. Well Flyers tried that with the Homer era, mortgaging all our picks and prospects to win now, and it left us in a mess. Both Flyers and Leafs should just keep developing, both teams have a plethora of young high end talent on the team.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I don't want OEL. He will be pricey and expensive to resign. I'd rather just let our d-prospects develop. I wouldn't mind targeting ROR though. I don't know exactly what Buffalo would want but I definitely part with 2018 1st, Rubstov, Hagg for him.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Couturier is our number 1 center, do it all. Selke caliber forward.

We aren’t buyers. Keep the assets and prepare to continue doing what we are doing.

This is a nice run, but I don’t think we are a cup contender.

No dice on either of these deals, and that’s not even touching the value for the other side.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Gudas is sooo underrated it's sickening. Playing a 3rd lin defensive role... his defensive stats and shot suppression stats are what defensive #2 guys put up and his suppression stats are higher than that average. I cannot post the link for some reason.
In another thread someone posted a graph of players who have given up the least high danger shots and Gudas was #1 over Drew a Doughty by a fair margin who was #2.
I understand value is subjective, but don't take him lightly.

Mark Friedman is a forgotten D prospect in the flyers gargantuan system. He's a 2-way puck moving defenseman. Small like Ghost, but plays like Gudas. Kid is special, but so are Myers, Morin, Hagg, Sanheim, Provorov, and Ghost. Hextall loves him and won't sell him. Just imagine Gudas having a good offensive game and that's Friedmans game. He may replace Hagg or another on the team because of his compete and heart.

This is a trade that wouldn't happen. Hakstol and Hextall love their defensive centers and Rubtsov projects to be on the defensive capabilities like that of couturier, just without the offense. Hextall won't sell on prospects unless it's something similar in return. Throughout the season Defense hasn't been a problem like previously. Our PK and depth scoring has been atrocious at points throughout the year. Now that both are clicking... the flyers are in a tear. No need for it.

Not trying to degrade OEL, but it's not worth it for the flyers.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Gudas is sooo underrated it's sickening. Playing a 3rd lin defensive role... his defensive stats and shot suppression stats are what defensive #2 guys put up and his suppression stats are higher than that average. I cannot post the link for some reason.
In another thread someone posted a graph of players who have given up the least high danger shots and Gudas was #1 over Drew a Doughty by a fair margin who was #2.
I understand value is subjective, but don't take him lightly.

Mark Friedman is a forgotten D prospect in the flyers gargantuan system. He's a 2-way puck moving defenseman. Small like Ghost, but plays like Gudas. Kid is special, but so are Myers, Morin, Hagg, Sanheim, Provorov, and Ghost. Hextall loves him and won't sell him. Just imagine Gudas having a good offensive game and that's Friedmans game. He may replace Hagg or another on the team because of his compete and heart.

This is a trade that wouldn't happen. Hakstol and Hextall love their defensive centers and Rubtsov projects to be on the defensive capabilities like that of couturier, just without the offense. Hextall won't sell on prospects unless it's something similar in return. Throughout the season Defense hasn't been a problem like previously. Our PK and depth scoring has been atrocious at points throughout the year. Now that both are clicking... the flyers are in a tear. No need for it.

Not trying to degrade OEL, but it's not worth it for the flyers.

I'm hoping I'm just clarifying here but.. Gudas is 100% on the table for a Player like OEL... Gudas isn't a toss in to OEL, but it isnt as though he's the main piece either.

That being said.. if, during the summer - we can do Sanheim plus our first (assuming 15-20) for OEL with a reasonable extension agreed upon beforehand, sure, I'm in. I'd like to keep Gudas but if he becomes the other piece to that puzzle, let's do it. Worst case, we have one or two of Provorov, OEL, and Ghost in our top 3 playing approximately (in some combination), what? 40 minutes a night? Sign me up.

Edit: may not have been correct to quote you, and I apologize for that.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Ha, when I read title I was thinking "Whoa, OEL + Stepan is pretty big trade".

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
No need for OEL and as far as ROR, I would be interested if some salary was retained. Flyers can't take such contract.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I'm hoping I'm just clarifying here but.. Gudas is 100% on the table for a Player like OEL... Gudas isn't a toss in to OEL, but it isnt as though he's the main piece either.

That being said.. if, during the summer - we can do Sanheim plus our first (assuming 15-20) for OEL with a reasonable extension agreed upon beforehand, sure, I'm in. I'd like to keep Gudas but if he becomes the other piece to that puzzle, let's do it. Worst case, we have one or two of Provorov, OEL, and Ghost in our top 3 playing approximately (in some combination), what? 40 minutes a night? Sign me up.

Edit: may not have been correct to quote you, and I apologize for that.

I'm not saying he isn't on the table... I'm just saying people undervalue him. His reputation as a dirty player kinda takes away from his value, but he plays really well and under the radar.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I really don't think we need to look at OEL...we just don't need to invest so much money in that position.

In Provorov and Ghost we have our #1 and #2 defensemen for the forseeable future. Between Gudas, Myers, Morin and Sanheim we ought to have at least a #3 and a #4. In Hagg we have a #6...so we only need depth really, at best. We don't need to break the bank, we need to preach patience and stop chasing an unattainable goal - that's what got us into the need for a rebuild in the first place.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Chayka will want to package of this value: Couturier, young Dman (Sanheim/Hagg?) and a conditional 2019 1st based on OEL resigning. Coyotes could add Richardson.

Know that's a big ask...but that's what Chayka would be holding out for...........

Sorry, Couturier is an elite 25 year old center who's on pace for 40+ goals.

Even if we were in a world where we'd entertain moving him (and we never have) then we'd never add Sanheim AND a first. That's just ridiculous.

I mean, i get OEL is awesome but let's not be insane.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad