News Article: Ode to Craig Anderson

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Finally Andy is getting some love around here after such a long time of people bashing him for Lehner or saying we should of tanked the year we acquired him

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
With how Colorado is currently doing and seemingly how they're unsatisfied with him...we might be able to get him too!

Then keep playing lights out Andy, you could be the key piece in a trade. Its only a matter of time until Varly bolts to the KHL. Amiright?

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Then keep playing lights out Andy, you could be the key piece in a trade. Its only a matter of time until Varly bolts to the KHL. Amiright?

I am not sure why you guys want to run off Andy, I know everyones is pumped on Lehner but the guy has won 24 of his 67 games, I am not sure if that is anything to be stoked on. A couple of his games were not starts but still, yikes

bornNraised Sens

Apr 8, 2014
Love Andy, perfect goalie for Ottawa. Knows his role and plays within it. He also likes working with Lehner and is willing to mentor more as time goes on which is great for Lehner.

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
I am not sure why you guys want to run off Andy, I know everyones is pumped on Lehner but the guy has won 24 of his 67 games, I am not sure if that is anything to be stoked on. A couple of his games were not starts but still, yikes

My evaluations of Anderson are more based on frustration with him at critical times then any super-lehner-man-love. Andy always seems to play well enough to put us in a bad spot. Winning games during tank seasons, collapsing after establishing legitimate cause for hope. Its frustrating and I hold grudges. Goalies are enigmatic, if you can sell high do it.

Conversely with Bishop it felt like we went to the bargaining table at a disadvantage, if only we could have held all three and sold whoever got the best price after trade deadline.

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
My evaluations of Anderson are more based on frustration with him at critical times then any super-lehner-man-love. Andy always seems to play well enough to put us in a bad spot. Winning games during tank seasons, collapsing after establishing legitimate cause for hope. Its frustrating and I hold grudges. Goalies are enigmatic, if you can sell high do it.

Conversely with Bishop it felt like we went to the bargaining table at a disadvantage, if only we could have held all three and sold whoever got the best price after trade deadline.

How many more of your posts are going to be about either Ben Bishop, or Cory Conacher being short/"a midget"/some ****** comment about his birth defect?

Can I get a ballpark number? Maybe... 5 more tonight? What's the over/under? Can I get a betting line?

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com

The bolded part reminds me of The Simpsons episode where Homer buys a pumpkin patch, charts the rise in price for pumpkins, and projects that the best time to sell his pumpkins off is in early November.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

Yah bro! I hated how Andy played well enough to help our team make the playoffs twice while in a rebuild and play great during the playoffs! What a bum!

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
The bolded part reminds me of The Simpsons episode where Homer buys a pumpkin patch, charts the rise in price for pumpkins, and projects that the best time to sell his pumpkins off is in early November.

to be fair to him, we totally could have put lehner in the minors and run with andy- bishop. lehner was totally ready though, and i think i heard someone say that lehner would have been very, very unhappy if he had to go back to the minors. unhappy enough to make future contract negotiations unpleasant. if true, we could have run with all three, but management didn't want to play hardball with lehner.

i'm a big andy fan, and have been since he got here. i think he's provided excellent goaltending in his stay here excluding last season. i don't think he's top 5, as that comes with consistency. any goalie can outplay another for a small stretch of games. the truly elite ones are top of the league year in and year out. andy isn't up there, but i think he peaks high enough to land comfortably in the top 10, even with his lows.

i hope he can keep his outstanding play up all season. i don't think it's possible, but a man can dream.

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa

As hilarious as this analogy is it's completely inaccurate. I'm not projecting goalie values, I'm suggesting we table three options to the market and let it decide the price, without the price mitigation of an artificial deadline.

Fact is we were shopping one item with a hard deadline. That's not how you negotiate.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Fact is we were shopping one item with a hard deadline. That's not how you negotiate.

We were shopping a goalie by force (because Bishop was about to become a UFA) in a severely depressed market for goalies which saw their value plummet.

If you know you are going to get fifty cents on the dollar for an asset, and you are forced to trade an asset (because you can't carry 3 goalies, especially when one is about to no longer be under your contractual control), you trade the asset that's about to walk for nothing in 3 months, especially when he's at the bottom of that depth chart. Otherwise, you trade Lehner or Anderson at fifty cents on the dollar, and you still have a potentially expiring asset to deal with.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Can we please stop pumping our goalies' tires for a bit? Not only is it way too early in the season, but we're just setting up the team for one heck of a mighty crash.

Yes, I've loved the way both guys have played so far. Yes, we've got a sweet tandem.

But let's not jinx it, OK? We don't need any bad karma going into this western road swing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad