Speculation: October 28th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Oh I know what could have been. It's nice to dream. I have been a fan of many teams that have won my fair share of championships over the years, in several different sports. And this team was building towards that.
But the good luck that was getting Q, turned into to even worse luck when he had to resign.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Another 1st round loss. And no Presidents Trophy. :)
Personally, his four Stanley Cup resume I feel like would have gotten the Panthers past the first round.
He did win the Presidents Trophy once in 2000, with bad ending results. So I wonder if his bad experience might have told the Panthers to ease off in the president's trophy race and save it for the playoffs.

Oh I know what could have been. It's nice to dream. I have been a fan of many teams that have won my fair share of championships over the years, in several different sports. And this team was building towards that.
But the good luck that was getting Q, turned into to even worse luck when he had to resign.
Lucky.
In my life, I've only been a fan of two championship teams. The 2019 Toronto Raptors and Kansas City Chiefs.
I was also a fan of the 1992 and 1993 Toronto Blue Jays, but I was pretty young then (6&7).

Reactions: Dread Clawz

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Lucky.
In my life, I've only been a fan of two championship teams. The 2019 Toronto Raptors and Kansas City Chiefs.
I was also a fan of the 1992 and 1993 Toronto Blue Jays, but I was pretty young then (6&7).
I don't want to brag... but what the hell. For the sake of helping out the thread:
Being a fan of the Chicago Bulls, Dallas Cowboys, Miami Hurricanes football team, Miami Hurricanes baseball team, and the Florida (Miami) Marlins. I got to watch my teams win 15 championships from 1990 - 2003.
And that doesn't include the titles from the 80s and 70s where you could throw in the Georgetown Hoyas basketball team and the Philadelphia 76s basketball team titles as well. Plus the Miracle on Ice. The first championship I can ever remember my team winning, I was the same age you were when the Blue Jays were winning their World Series. I was 7 when the Dallas Cowboys won the Super Bowl in 1977.
It NEVER gets old. especially if you're competitive.
Ironically though, the last 2 decades have been a horror show comparatively speaking. And also ironically, all of that success I've seen, on top of how competitive I am, it kind of makes sitting through the Florida Panthers' existence all that worse.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Q, like Bruno, had his faults. I'm not sure results would have been much different. As we can see from recent PP results, it is an issue with our core personnel. This runs deeper than coaching.

Maybe under Q we don't get swept in R2, but no way we were going to stop the Bolts. Q also would have likely benched Duke, which makes sense in the playoffs. Duke did thrive under Bruno in the regular season.

All in all, not a ton. This board would sure be short on whipping boys if Q was still around. That's for sure.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I don't want to brag... but what the hell. For the sake of helping out the thread:
Being a fan of the Chicago Bulls, Dallas Cowboys, Miami Hurricanes football team, Miami Hurricanes baseball team, and the Florida (Miami) Marlins. I got to watch my teams win 15 championships from 1990 - 2003.
And that doesn't include the titles from the 80s and 70s where you could throw in the Georgetown Hoyas basketball team and the Philadelphia 76s basketball team titles as well. Plus the Miracle on Ice. The first championship I can ever remember my team winning, I was the same age you were when the Blue Jays were winning their World Series. I was 7 when the Dallas Cowboys won the Super Bowl in 1977.
It NEVER gets old. especially if you're competitive.
Ironically though, the last 2 decades have been a horror show comparatively speaking. And also ironically, all of that success I've seen, on top of how competitive I am, it kind of makes sitting through the Florida Panthers' existence all that worse.
In Stanley Cup finals, I’ve been batting about 50% for the past about 20 years. How, you may wonder. Well, since my team (our team) never made the dance, I always had to pick other teams to root for, because I can’t watch a long series without hating one team. Last two years are the exception, I gave less of a shit who won because we didn’t advance far. But before that I got to “enjoy” the blues, hawks, ducks, stars win theirs… :laugh:

Although for real, I enjoyed the Finns crapping on the Canadian teams a couple of times in the worlds and the Olympics. It wasn’t either side’s best teams but so what, a W is a W.

Reactions: Howboutthempanthers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce