News Article: Oct over Oilers 3 points out of Playoffs

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
I think that the Oilers will play better and after 20 games we are just 3 points behind.

The scoring is not a problem even without Eberle. The team scores all the time 4 goals per game. The defense is a problem. The team cannot be a playoff team by allowing 3-7 goals in each game.

We need to improve in three areas

1. Winning face offs and keeping the puck
2 Improve the defense
3. Math

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
How has Gryba been for you guys this year?

He's been a bit inconsistent, but he's basically had a new partner every game. The worst part is that none of his usual partners (Ference, Davidson, Reinhart) are particularly good at moving the puck, which just magnifies' Gryba's similar issues. That being said at times he has provided a physical presence on the backend the Oilers have lacked, clearing the crease, breaking up cycles, and just providing a bit punishment for the forwards coming into our zone on the forecheck.
He's not perfect, but he's exceeded the extremely low expectations I had for him. Frankly, I'd like to see how he'd perform with someone who can handle the puck moving. I think he could make a good contribution as a #6 if the rest of the Oilers D wasn't such a mess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad