Observations XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pr0fet

Jun 13, 2015
Cant all of you People living in Nashville get together and protest outside of someone? Ill join over MS Teams of something. My 2 year old can help in drawing protest signs.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
This season is pretty over, I just want to see the young guys get chances.

Ideal lineup before trade deadline:

Forsberg - Duchene - Tolvanen
Granlund - Johansen - Arvidsson
Jarnkrok - Haula - Trenin/Cousins
Grimaldi - Sissons - Trenin/Cousins
Richardson, Kunin (IR)

Josi - Fabbro
Ekholm - Carrier/Davies
Benning - Boro
Harpur, Sbisa (IR), Ellis (IR)

Saros
Rinne

Ideal lineup after trade deadline:

Forsberg - Duchene - Tolvanen
Trenin - Johansen - Arvidsson
Jarnkrok - Sissons - Kunin
Grimaldi/Cousins - Richardson - Olivier
McCarron

Josi - Fabbro
Ellis - Ekholm
Benning - Carrier
Harpur, Sbisa

Saros
Rinne

Post-deadline is hard to predict since I'm unsure who we'll trade. I think Haula and Granlund are both definitely gone, and Richardson would be traded if anyone even wants him. Cousins is a maybe since we gave him 2 years and the coaching staff seems to love him. Benning and Boro both could go too, but I doubt they have much value. Grimaldi and Jarnkrok would probably be traded for the right offer, same with Ekholm.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
The on ice issues now span multiple seasons and coaches. The owners are unlikely to pay two coaches given the uncertain financial prognosis in the COVID era. It's going to be a rough season with the repeated slow starts to games and consistent inconsistency.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Let's suffer a couple of months and get a high pick. If it takes watching Hynes behind the bench for the rest of year, so be it. I want Beniers or Johnson.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I think it's time to start thinking about moving guys like Boro and Benning. While they wouldn't probably return anything substantial, I think we need to start giving more looks to younger guys. Carrier looked solid in his season debut, Allard and Davies have dominated the AHL for 2 years now and they deserve a look in the NHL as well.

With Ellis out long-term, now is the perfect opportunity to start looking what we have in the pipeline. Right now, trading Ekholm would be a huge risk as we don't have a clue how the prospects look in the NHL and therefore can't count on them to replace Ekholm.

It's not really about winning games anymore, this team clearly doesn't know how to do that other than against Columbus. Right now, it should be about looking past this season into the future and having a sense of who belongs in this team long-term and who doesn't.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I really wanted to like Boro, but he's been pretty rough and getting worse. I don't see him as any better than the other replacement level guys we've cycled through here the last couple years. I would trade any of those guys who can be quickly replaced with a younger player for basically peanuts.

Boro is a classic example of bottom-pairing d-man trying to be more than he is. He was brought in to play a simple game, box-out in the front of the net and drop the gloves once in a while. For some reason, he's tried to handle the puck too much and gotten too involed in the offensive zone.

Granted, I expected more from Benning but he hasn't been able to be the man with the puck on that 3rd pair.

I'd like to see Boro with a guy like Carrier or Davies, I think we've seen what we have in Benning and I'd rather give his spot to one of the young guys. Boro at least CAN bring something to the table none of Carrier, Davies or Allard can.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
If the problems extend multiple seasons, maybe it is time to fire Poile for building the roster that way.

I do not want Poile and the nepotism staff to be in charge of a high draft pick. Poile has a crap track record about number 10.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
At this point, I don't understand the Benning/Carrier situation at all. Benning is a couple years older, has more NHL experience, but Carrier looks like the better player with a higher ceiling. The least they should be doing is rotating these two in the lineup.

The coaching staff tries hard to destroy any chemistry with the forwards but is somehow stuck trying to develop chemistry on the 3rd defensive pairing. :huh::rolleyes: :facepalm:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
At this point, I don't understand the Benning/Carrier situation at all. Benning is a couple years older, has more NHL experience, but Carrier looks like the better player with a higher ceiling. The least they should be doing is rotating these two in the lineup.

The coaching staff tries hard to destroy any chemistry with the forwards but is somehow stuck trying to develop chemistry on the 3rd defensive pairing. :huh::rolleyes: :facepalm:
ESPECIALLY with Ellis out. If there was ever going to be a time tailor-made to insert your slightly undersized young puck-moving RD prospect into the lineup... wellllll... the door swung wide open right there with the injury to Ellis.
:dunno:

Reactions: SouthNash

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011

Duchene out 3-5 weeks

nothing against him personally but wherever he plays, immediately regresses. it’s a damn shame he chose us.

Reactions: SouthNash

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
If the problems extend multiple seasons, maybe it is time to fire Poile for building the roster that way.

I do not want Poile and the nepotism staff to be in charge of a high draft pick. Poile has a crap track record about number 10.
I may be pessimistic but I just don't ever see this happening. When Poile elects to retire upstairs he's going to have a role in helping to choose his successor, who will probably subscribe to the same philosophies Poile does. I just don't foresee the major organizational shift that is being hoped for around here.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I may be pessimistic but I just don't ever see this happening. When Poile elects to retire upstairs he's going to have a role in helping to choose his successor, who will probably subscribe to the same philosophies Poile does. I just don't foresee the major organizational shift that is being hoped for around here.
... and have the same last name as Poile does too... :sarcasm:

JR303

Feb 28, 2008
Its sad that the high point of the game for me (I only caught bits and pieces) was when arvidsson raced and beat an icing.
That's all I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad