Obligatory Tampering thread

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
SO with the NBA being what it is, I am curious how people feel about the con/nontroversy that is player tampering...whether it be those little conversations between two players one of which is under contract (aka: Kawhi Leonard/Paul George) or just the bold faced conversations (aka: Lebron/AD)

I want to hear from everyone...those whose teams can do it and those whose teams are going to be the losers in these situations (Im a Raps fan, OKC lemme hear ya lol)

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm not a fan of it, but there isn't really much that can be done. You can't ban players from chatting with each other even if you wanted to.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
I'm not a fan of it, but there isn't really much that can be done. You can't ban players from chatting with each other even if you wanted to.

I hear you...but what about respecting your contract...it's not like these guys make min wage so finding a better job probably isn't in the cards for them...I can't say I truly care about it...but I still think it shouldn't go down the way it does...just makes me think the NBA is a joke truthfully

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I hear you...but what about respecting your contract...it's not like these guys make min wage so finding a better job probably isn't in the cards for them...I can't say I truly care about it...but I still think it shouldn't go down the way it does...just makes me think the NBA is a joke truthfully
But by “finding a better job”to them is to have a better shot at winning and teaming up is the best way. Bosh, Wade and LeBron planned it like a year in advance

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
But by “finding a better job”to them is to have a better shot at winning and teaming up is the best way. Bosh, Wade and LeBron planned it like a year in advance

3 years actually.

Summer of 2007 when they were all eligible for rookie extensions. Funny part is Melo signed early for a 5 year/85 million deal otherwise he would've been the 3rd guy not Bosh.

Story of Melo's career, go for the $$$$ not rings.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
3 years actually.

Summer of 2007 when they were all eligible for rookie extensions. Funny part is Melo signed early for a 5 year/85 million deal otherwise he would've been the 3rd guy not Bosh.

Was it 3 years? I thought it was the summer before at a wedding or something they talked about it? But now that I think about it I think you’re right. I kind of remember that.

member 51464

3 years actually.

How would the Heat's fortunes, and those of Bosh for that matter, turned out if it had been Melo instead?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Was it 3 years? I thought it was the summer before at a wedding or something they talked about it? But now that I think about it I think you’re right. I kind of remember that.

Started in 2006 at Team USA events and by 2007 they agreed on the plan. Although I'm not sure D-Wade leaves Miami in the event LBJ/CB choose Chicago or somewhere else. He already had his ring, was the clear face of the team and seems to love Miami.

Inside 'The Decision': Miami's coup was a 'surprise' built on long-coveted goal of James, Wade and Bosh - cleveland.com

How would the Heat's fortunes, and those of Bosh for that matter, turned out if it had been Melo instead?

That is a good unanswered question. Bosh likely stays in Toronto, at least for another couple years. Raps probably dont end up trading for Lowry, drafting J-Val (he was drafted with TOR's pick they received back from Miami in return for CB4) and maybe they do well enough that Colangelo doesnt get replaced with Ujiri.

As for the Heat, they probably still win at least one or two titles and Melo theoretically becomes a less selfish player playing with two of his closest friends / better players. But you wonder if they still do as well without Bosh in the interior and without his defence. Underrated part of that 4 year run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad