Oakley Visor Keeps Fogging...

hitmanjat

Oct 21, 2010
Hey Guys,

So recently i purchased an Oakley 2.0 visor, this visor comes down pretty far just above my lip. Anyways i am haven nothing but problems with it fogging when i go to the bench. I purchased the AFR solution when i got it and have used it on the front and back with a micro fibre towel since i got it, its not helping at all.

I do sweat a lot and my head does get hot, but previous to this I was using a Bauer RBE V Shield and was using the old dish soap method and it never ever fogged up.

The Oakley only fogs when i go to the bench, once i go back on the ice i cant see anything and then it clears up as I skate.

I am contemplating usiing dish soap on it as it worked for my Bauer however I don't want tio ruin the visor as the clarity is awesome (when it is clear).

Any suggestions ? Anyone used dish/shampoo on their oakley and not experience cracking over a long term?

Thanks,

Pierre Gotye

Mar 17, 2009
McKinney, TX
Don't use dish soaps. They have detergent in them which is gritty. I have used soft-soap on mine and it does cut out the fogging, but does have some detergent in it as well so it can scratch it.

Just go buy some anti-fog spray from somewhere. A good place to look is at a ski/snowboard store, but even your local hockey store might carry some anti-fog for visors.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Did you buy the Oakley AFR spray? I give the shield a couple squirts of this before every skate and very, very rarely does it fog up.

hitmanjat

Oct 21, 2010
Did you buy the Oakley AFR spray? I give the shield a couple squirts of this before every skate and very, very rarely does it fog up.

Yes i do before every ice time, it only happens when on the bench usually after i have warmed up, my head gets hot, i sweat a lot, but it drives me crazy that my 40 dollar bauer shield would never fog up with dish soap. The clarity on the oakley is great though so i guess its a trade off

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Yes i do before every ice time, it only happens when on the bench usually after i have warmed up, my head gets hot, i sweat a lot, but it drives me crazy that my 40 dollar bauer shield would never fog up with dish soap. The clarity on the oakley is great though so i guess its a trade off

I have the same problem. I end up playing half of my shift with my visor tilted up like Getzlaf during the Olympics. Mine used to be awesome, then I sent my equipment in to get cleaned. They cleaned my helmet (I assumed they would have taken it out) and it has fogged up ever since.

The spray has helped a little, but it still isn't as good as it was brand new. Brand new I never had an issue. I just ended up buying another one.

hitmanjat

Oct 21, 2010
I have the same problem. I end up playing half of my shift with my visor tilted up like Getzlaf during the Olympics. Mine used to be awesome, then I sent my equipment in to get cleaned. They cleaned my helmet (I assumed they would have taken it out) and it has fogged up ever since.

The spray has helped a little, but it still isn't as good as it was brand new. Brand new I never had an issue. I just ended up buying another one.

This one is brand new i just got it a few weeks ago.

Nichenew

Feb 4, 2010
Go to Sport Chek and buy the visor guard spray. It works wonders on hockey visors and ski/snowboard goggles.

Make sure you don't over coat it or it will make water marks on your visor.

MikeC44

Sep 18, 2003
Moncton, NB
Visit site
Is there enough space between the visor and the helmet for air to get through?
I had to drill new holes in my Bauer 4500 because my Oakley was too 'tight' to my face and there wasn't any room between the visor and the helmet.

hitmanjat

Oct 21, 2010
Is there enough space between the visor and the helmet for air to get through?
I had to drill new holes in my Bauer 4500 because my Oakley was too 'tight' to my face and there wasn't any room between the visor and the helmet.

Yes there is i have it mounted similar to the way the pros wear it there is about an inch between the top of the helmet and the visor.

Never heard of visor guard but worried about runiing the oakley coating.

Sony Eriksson*

This **** is a godsend! I play with prescription glasses and they have a clear coat and found other anti-fog sprays stip the coating off. So i did some research and ordered a sample (free) from their website and this stuff work like a champ! No fog ups and no residue.

http://www.motosolutions.com/fogtech.html

http://www.motosolutions.com/fogtech_reviews.html
–Ice and Roller Hockey

David DeSmith from Yarmouth, Maine, USA "It's a real godsend.."

'deadzone' from epinions.com: "This stuff works ridiculously well."

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016

I have to ask…who sends their equipment out to get cleaned?!?!?!

Reactions: PK16

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad