Trade: [OAK/HOU] Gareon Conley for third round pick

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Guy was a reach when we got him, showed flashes when he actually cared but was god awful most of the time.

Another Reggie pick gone, peace out.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
As a Raiders fan I am a little puzzled. This offseason Conley was being talked about as developing into an elite corner this season. Now six games in and we trade him for a third?

Plus we play the Texans this week so that should be interesting.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
As a Raiders fan I am a little puzzled. This offseason Conley was being talked about as developing into an elite corner this season. Now six games in and we trade him for a third?

Plus we play the Texans this week so that should be interesting.

He showed flashes at times but he was super inconsistent, he was getting burned against Green Bay. Even before that, his play was terrible at times..

I wish him the best but man, he was not helping himself.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
He showed flashes at times but he was super inconsistent, he was getting burned against Green Bay. Even before that, his play was terrible at times..

I wish him the best but man, he was not helping himself.

Falcons got a second for a 2/3 receiver in Sanu, who’s also like 7 years older than Conley. I think we could have gotten more for Conley personally. Sad to see him go, but he definitely was not helping himself this year. I agree to that. But six games and you give up on a guy with that pedigree?

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Falcons got a second for a 2/3 receiver in Sanu, who’s also like 7 years older than Conley. I think we could have gotten more for Conley personally. Sad to see him go, but he definitely was not helping himself this year. I agree to that. But six games and you give up on a guy with that pedigree?

When Reggie was GM, he really reached on Conley...he also reached on DJ Hayden too.

I was hoping for Conley to play well this year, that Green Bay game was disastrous. Pretty much sealed his fate.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
When Reggie was GM, he really reached on Conley...he also reached on DJ Hayden too.

I was hoping for Conley to play well this year, that Green Bay game was disastrous. Pretty much sealed his fate.

We definitely was not a reach, he was supposed to be a top ten pick but a rape allegation made him drop. The allegation was later proven false.

I definitely agree about Hayden though, McKenzie was not great at drafting, although he did snag gave Jackson in third round in 2014. I am much more happy with Mayock making the calls with drafts now.

Reactions: EpochLink

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad