O6 All Time Draft: Grand Ideas - Sign Up/Details Here!!!

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
With the main ATD winding down I want to do another, but one that brings about some changes. For those who want something different to do.

This draft will focus on the Original 6 teams and players who were a part of those franchises with some twists!

Please post any questions/comments in this thread. I cannot take PM's for the time being.

For reference: The O6 teams:
-Boston Bruins, Chicago Black Hawks, Detroit Red Wings, Montreal Canadiens, New York Rangers, and Toronto Maple Leafs

Rules:

1. You may only draft players who played on one of the teams above.

2. Players MUST have played AT LEAST 82 games (1 season) on one of the above teams to be eligbile. No exceptions. And yes, I know that seasons weren't always 82 games, but that is the number we're going with.

3. Pre O6 teams like the Wanderers, Victorias, Americans, etc DO NOT count. You CANNOT draft players who played for those franchises.

4. You MUST draft at least 1 player from all 6 teams.

5. YOU ARE DRAFTING PLAYERS BASED ON WHAT THEY DID WITH ONE OR MORE OF THE O6 TEAMS. IT IS NOT COMPLETELY CAREER BASED OR SINGLE SEASON. PLAYERS SHOULD BE RATED ON WHAT THEY DID AS A MEMBER OF ONE (OR MORE) OF THE ABOVE 6 TEAMS!!!! (example: Wayne Gretzky is eligible but his stats from Edmonton and LA do not count here)

6. 12 hour clock for the first two rounds, (sending a shortlist to another GM highly encouraged here)
10 hour clock for rounds 3-4,
8 hour clock for rounds 5-8,
6 hour clock for rounds 9-12,
4 hour clock for rounds 13-20

7. 20 Rounds. 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 1 Coach

8. Trading of picks/players IS allowed.

9. OTC trading is allowed but please be mindful of the draft process.

10. There is NO limit on how many trades you can make.

11. NO MENTIONING UNDRAFTED PLAYERS!!!

12. PM the next team after you have made your pick. THIS IS NOT OPTIONAL!

13. Snake Style draft. Order determined by random.org/sequence

14. All Teams will make playoffs (we'll determine format once we have total # of teams).

15. Voting will be done by public polling.

Confirmed Teams: (looking for as many as possible)

1. 87and71
2. ResilientBeast
3. Iceman
4. VanIslander
5. tony d
6. Sprague Cleghorn
7. Shawked
8. papershoes

Last edited by a moderator:

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I'm in if this is changed (or specified to be a poll on the ATD board or History board only):

15. Voting will be done by public polling.
:shakehead We saw a woman goalie win the championship that way before, on the LOWEST ranked team by ATDers.

History boarders and ATDers, yeah. IN fact it'd make an interesting History board post to profile two O6 teams and ask posters for their view of which is better assembled.

But the polls section of the general board??????!!!!! Arrgh.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I'm in if this is changed (or specified to be a poll on the ATD board or History board only):

:shakehead We saw a woman goalie win the championship that way before, on the LOWEST ranked team by ATDers.

History boarders and ATDers, yeah. IN fact it'd make an interesting History board post to profile two O6 teams and ask posters for their view of which is better assembled.

But the polls section of the general board??????!!!!! Arrgh.

It would be done here if we have enough GMs. Or the History of Hockey section. I certainly would never go to the general portion of this forum with something like this. I just want it to be publicly voted on. :)

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
5. YOU ARE DRAFTING PLAYERS BASED ON WHAT THEY DID WITH ONE OR MORE OF THE O6 TEAMS. IT IS NOT COMPLETELY CAREER BASED OR SINGLE SEASON. PLAYERS SHOULD BE RATED ON WHAT THEY DID AS A MEMBER OF ONE (OR MORE) OF THE ABOVE 6 TEAMS!!!! (example: Wayne Gretzky is eligible but his stats from Edmonton and LA do not count here)
Wait a second... Gretzky can be drafted? ... Oh, I see now, it's not an ERA draft.

I was hoping it was going to be a draft of players who played in the O6 era for the O6 teams!!!!

Instead it's going to turn into a "Look at the ATD list and see which players played 82 games for one of those six teams." It will provide insight into those six franchises but it won't illuminate the O6 era as I thought it would.:(

Though, I see we're only to consider their performances with those six clubs. So,... the top two picks will still be Orr and Howe but Gretzky should fall quite a bit given how his time as a Ranger doesn't compare with Shore and Bourque in Boston, a TON of Habs and others.

Hmm...

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Wait a second... Gretzky can be drafted? ... Oh, I see now, it's not an ERA draft.

I was hoping it was going to be a draft of players who played in the O6 era for the O6 teams!!!!

Instead it's going to turn into a "Look at the ATD list and see which players played 82 games for one of those six teams." It will provide insight into those six franchises but it won't illuminate the O6 era as I thought it would.:(

Though, I see we're only to consider their performances with those six clubs. So,... the top two picks will still be Orr and Howe but Gretzky should fall quite a bit given how his time as a Ranger doesn't compare with Shore and Bourque in Boston, a TON of Habs and others.

Hmm...

Well it will still highlight the O6 players, it's just that there are more players added to the pool overall. Obviously the caveat is that you can only factor in what players did with one or more of the O6 teams. Guys that played in the 40's, 50's and 60's have the inside track but there are a lot of early era and 70's-onward folks who are very high draft picks that either won't/can't be selected here or will be vastly downgraded because most of their careers were played with teams not in the O6 group.

Just a neat twist. I thought a straight O6 draft was just to bland to be honest.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Well it will still highlight the O6 players, it's just that there are more players added to the pool overall. Obviously the caveat is that you can only factor in what players did with one or more of the O6 teams. Guys that played in the 40's, 50's and 60's have the inside track but there are a lot of early era and 70's-onward folks who are very high draft picks that either won't/can't be selected here or will be vastly downgraded because most of their careers were played with teams not in the O6 group.
The Bruins go back to 1924, the Canadiens to 1909.

So pre-O6 era players are available, as long as they played for one of the six franchises, eh?

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I will manage the Boston Bruins' 1926 minor league affiliate New Haven Eagles
(They started in the Can-Am and later went on to became a founding member of the AHL)

normal.jpg

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Eight teams would be ideal for the playoffs (three simple rounds):

1. 87and71
2. ResilientBeast
3. Iceman
4. VanIslander - New Haven Eagles
5. tony d

Looking forward to learning more about the respected performers for the oldest top-level franchises!

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I'll join. Wanted to take part in the main ATD for the first time but that part of the schedule was a little busy.

Welcome! Thank you for taking the time to be a part of a mini version of the ATD. Hopefully you can use this as a stepping stone up the main ATD next year :)

Already up to 7 now. One more good GM and we're at a nice even # with 8.

Do people want to cap things at 8 or see if we could hit 10+? I know 8 makes the playoff set up quite easy, but I'm open to having a few more members if the current GM's want it.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Do people want to cap things at 8 or see if we could hit 10+? I know 8 makes the playoff set up quite easy, but I'm open to having a few more members if the current GM's want it.
I hate excluding anyone. I am all for either...

a) starting when we hit 8
or else
b) letting anyone join up until we do start, whenever that is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad