O/T: Thoughts are with our Nordic friends

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
I know Norway isn't Sweden (or Denmark or Finland...), but I suspect yesterday's tragedy is resonating across the Nordic countries, as it is in the rest of the world.

It might be hard for people in Canada 35 million) or the US (330 million) to appreciate how an event like this must rock a country with the population of the Greater Toronto Area (4.5 million). From what I've heard, Its impact is every bit on the scale of 911, only harder in some ways because this appaling violence was home-grown.

As the country, the region and the world work to make some sense of this in the coming hours and days, I can only express my deep shock and sorrow at these tragic events, my heartfelt condolences to the families of those killed or injured, and my firm support for all those who recognize that the best response to violence, prejudice and fear is one founded in peace, democracy and understanding.

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Well said.

Its a sad day in Norway, the rest of Scandinavia and the world. I never saw this coming in my part of the world.

I am still in shock and trying to understand what happend last night

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
You know, I was in Oslo only two months ago, and I said to my wife while we we there how sad it was that the US Embassy there looked more like a prison than place for nurturing diplomacy. And now, this happens, and not too long ago, people failed in a similar endeavor on one of Stockholm's big shopping streets.

Extremism is the problem of every free-thinking, democratic society on this planet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad