Trade: [NYY/ARI/TB] Brandon Drury to NYY, Nick Solak and Anthony Banda to TB, Widener and Souza to ARI

Cheese Wagstaff

Dec 11, 2017
Really like Drury for the Yankees though. Decent 2B-3B while they figure out if Andujar is ready or play service time games with Gleyber. If both those guys workout he's a nice super utility guy, especially if Gleyber can slide over to SS when needed.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
Good move for the Yankees, Drury has 20 homer potential, nice average, versatile fielder. I'm a big fan of this move.

Souza adds a nice power bat for the DBacks, agree with the post above. Souza and Dyson are great additions and make the DBacks outfield very solid.

Rays... I hate the Rays.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I like adding some pop back to the OF, dunno if I like going from a 25 year old to a 28 year old. Widener seems like a decent add on.

Meh whatever I guess. Now back to worrying about Dyson playing every day when Pollock gets hurt.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I can't f***ing believe the Jays aren't able to get in on guys like Souza and Dickerson when the Rays are having a garage sale.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
So the Yankees gave up a good (albeit blocked) and a decent prospect for sub 2.0 WAR INF Drury with hopefuls like Torres and Andujar waiting? I understand that they have a glut of prospects and try to stay under the luxury tax, but that price seems a little steep. A veteran like Phillips should be easily affordable, like a defensive stopgap like J. Iglesias via trade. With that said, I understand why Tampa Bay and Arizona do this trade.

Gruß,
BSHH

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Maybe they get Archer ;)

giphy.gif

Cheese Wagstaff

Dec 11, 2017
So the Yankees gave up a good (albeit blocked) and a decent prospect for sub 2.0 WAR INF Drury with hopefuls like Torres and Andujar waiting? I understand that they have a glut of prospects and try to stay under the luxury tax, but that price seems a little steep. A veteran like Phillips should be easily affordable, like a defensive stopgap like J. Iglesias via trade. With that said, I understand why Tampa Bay and Arizona do this trade.

Gruß,
BSHH

Drury was a Top 100 prospect a couple years ago. He probably still has higher ceiling than Solak. I'd also be surprised if he blocks Torres or Andujar. If the Yankees think those guys are ready then Drury becomes a nice bench player who can play 1B, 2B, 3B, and the corner outfield spots.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Gruß,
BSHH
Phillips? Brandon Phillips? He's nowhere near as good as Drury. Iglesias can't hit and doesn't have upside. Drury is better than him too.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Gruß,
BSHH

They already have a guy like Iglesias that can't hit. Tyler Wade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad