NYsportsfan6230's HF-NHL Fantasy GM League (MTL, BUF, STL Available)

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Before I begin I want to mention that THIS IS A KEEPER LEAGUE.

FOR FINAL ROSTERS PLEASE REFER HERE: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=788419&page=8

This is an extension off of my previous GM Fantasy League that slowed down more than 3/4 of the way through because of uncommitted GM's.

Before I begin discussion of how the game will work we have about half of the GM's being carried over. I am looking for FULLY COMMITTED PEOPLE who have had experience on these boards and are well-respected around here. I need GM's who will not decide to crap out halfway through the game and are willing to come on and check up on the game at least once a day.

I CANNOT STRESS HOW MUCH FUN THIS LEAGUE WILL BE IF WE HAVE THE RIGHT GROUP OF PEOPLE. I am determined to make sure the people who want to join are only the most committed people and who are dedicated to the game.

Enough on the GM's, let's talk about the game.

STAGE 1
Rosters will be generated randomly by a machine that I have found. This machine seems to be pretty fair, and should it come out a little unfairly only the GM's who are up for a challenge could fix their team. I have previously tried to do a fantasy draft but that takes months to cmoplete and that is one of the reasons the last game failed.

STAGE 2
The Entry Draft will be randomly generated, and then the Entry Draft will take place with this years draft class.

STAGE 3
Free agency will then happen after the draft. We will be using this year's free agent class. You will be able to negiotiate with their agents (fellow posters hired as agents) to get your Restricted and Unresticted free agents signed.

THE SALARY CAP WILL BE $59.4

STAGE 4
The next step will be putting the rosters through a sim program with the point system like-so:

Forwards
Goal: 1 point
Assist: 1 point
Shoot out winning goals: 0.5 points
PPG: 1
SHG: 2
Overtime Goal: 3
Empty Net Goal: 1
Game Winning Goal: 2
Plus/Minus Plus: 1
Powerplay Assists: 1
Short Handed Assists: 1
Overtime Assists: 2
Penalty Shot Goals: 3
Hat Trick: 5

Defence
Goal: 2 point
Shoot out winning goals: 1 point
OTG: 3
GWG: 2
Plus/Minus - Plus: 1
Plus/Minus - Minus: 1
Power Play Assist: 1
Short Handed Assist: 1
Overtime Assist: 2
Penalty Shot: Goal: 4
Hat-Trick: 6

Goalies
Goal: 50
Assist: 10
Regulation Wins: 3
Overtime Wins: 3
Shoot Out Wins: 3
Regulation Lose: 1
Overtime Lose: 1
Shoot Out Lose: 1
ShutOut: 5

Enforcer
Goal: 1 point
Shoot out winning goals: 0.5 points
Overtime Goal: 3
Empty Net Goal: 1
Game Winning Goal: 2
Plus/Minus Plus: 1
Powerplay Assists: 1
Short Handed Assists: 1
Overtime Assists: 2
Penalty Shot Goals: 3
Hat Trick: 5
Penalty In Minutes: .20
Primary Points
Goal: 1
Assist: 1
Shoot Out Winning Goal: 1

(Bonus points include Primary Points)

example: Game winning goal = 2 (Bonus) + 1 (Primary) for a total of 3 points.

Also forgot to add, you must draft at least 1 enforcer!

For some information regarding draft prospects, CSS (most reliable IMO) http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=59880 has recently posted their Mid-Season rankings, and you can check out a couple of mock drafts at www.mynhldraft.com, as well as http://nhlyoungguns.com.

PLEASE, IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING UP, AND ARE SURE YOU ARE DEDICATED TO THE LEAGUE THEN FEEL FREE TO PICK A TEAM AND I'LL LET YOU KNOW IF YOU CAN HAVE THAT TEAM.

Here is a list of the GM's and the teams already taken:

Anaheim Ducks - Hollywood Cannon
Atlanta Thrashers - Modo
Boston Bruins - cantwell7
Buffalo Sabres -
Calgary Flames - Chandrashekhar Limit
Carolina Hurricanes - I Love Justin Bieber
Chicago Blackhawks - Velociraptor
Colorado Avalanche - TourettesGuy
Columbus Blue Jackets - AlexMaz
Dallas Stars - Smooth Skating
Detroit Red Wings - fedro91
Edmonton Oilers -OilGagner89
Florida Panthers - NYR censored
Los Angles Kings - Return of the King
Minnesota Wild - johnnydollaz89
Montreal Canadians -
Nashville Predators - Joetimo
New Jersey Devils - airforceones25
NY Islanders - ErikKarlsson
NY Rangers – NYSportsfan6230
Ottawa Senators - Ktown Sens Fan 19
Philadelphia Flyers - TBLBrifri
Phoenix Coyotes - habsman56
Pittsburgh Penguins - GordieHoweHatTrick
St. Louis Blues -
San Jose Sharks - flyguy
Tampa Bay Lightning - hockeyviper87
Toronto Maple Leafs - juice1815
Vancouver Canucks -Seek n Destroy
Washington Capitals – Ovechkin007

SO GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND PLEASE JOIN UP!! I PROMISE IF WE GET THE RIGHT GROUP OF PEOPLE YOU WON'T REGRET IT.

If you have any questions that you are unsure of, then you can post them in this thread or you can PM me, I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Last edited:

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
I feel good about taking the :avs

:), I will try my best to be active, as you know I'm pretty active on other GM Leagues, but I really want this one to work out and everyone to be active.

I'm definitely willing to help you out buddy if you need any.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
I feel good about taking the :avs

:), I will try my best to be active, as you know I'm pretty active on other GM Leagues, but I really want this one to work out and everyone to be active.

I'm definitely willing to help you out buddy if you need any.

Alright man I'm trusting you and taking your word that you'll be active, you can have the Avs.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
I'll take the :sharks

I have Detroit.

:bruins if they are still available.

You guys have your teams.

I am willing to put you on the waiting list for now but I am looking for people with more poster experience for now.

i want my :kings back if not i want the :caps

James you were relatively active in the last game, but I'm going to hold off on giving you a team because both of those are taken and I also want to look for people with more experience.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Just to be perfectly clear, the rosters will be completely auto picked, correct? We're not keeping anybody?

I'm not 100% sure yet, I probably will make everything completely random to make sure everything is as fair as possible but I haven't made a yes or no 100% decision just yet.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
:nashville

For me. I am a very active GM as long as people don't do stupid things (like trade crosby or Ovie for their favorite players...)

Alright man we don't have people in this league that will do that. I'm trusting that you are going to stick through this whole process and won't crap out in the middle of the game am I right?

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Alright man we don't have people in this league that will do that. I'm trusting that you are going to stick through this whole process and won't crap out in the middle of the game am I right?

yeah I will. I'm usually really good about these things but the last one I was a part of got to be pretty insane and I gave up on it. I was the agent manager for one not too long ago on a different site if you need me to do that.

Yeah, I'll be good to go.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
yeah I will. I'm usually really good about these things but the last one I was a part of got to be pretty insane and I gave up on it. I was the agent manager for one not too long ago on a different site if you need me to do that.

Yeah, I'll be good to go.

Alright man that's fine you can have Nashville.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
:panthers please.

I stick with games that I join both on this forum and another forum I post on, no matter how slow or how many people drop out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad