nyrfan444's 2007 Mock Draft

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Hey guys

Here's my attempt at an 07 mock. It's the first I've ever done, please let me know what you think.

Justin

1. Chicago – Patrick Kane
Chicago takes the guy who most scouts consider to be the best player in this draft. Possesses an NHL caliber wrist shot, an excellent scoring touch and speed to burn. His excellent showing at the WJCs really cemented this pick.
2. Philadelphia – James vanRiemsdyk
Philadelphia opts for the Jersey boy, the player who many see as the "safest" pick in the draft. JVR's release and accuracy have many scouts drooling over his NHL goal scoring capabilities. JVR also plays a solid all around game and has few glaring weaknesses.
3. Phoenix – Kyle Turris
Turris has the potential to be a top line center in the NHL. Although Phoneix already has a top center prospect in Muller, they select Turris because they consider him to be the BPA, and are very pleased to add him to their roster.
4. Los Angeles – Alexi Cherepanov
Los Angeles gets their man in Cherepnaov, a high scoring winger who reminds some scouts of Pavel Bure. The Kings ignore recent reports of "attitude issues" and wait for the day when Cherepanow will flank Kopitar on their top line.
5. Washington – Karl Alzner
Washington is upset that Cherpanov, who would have looked good opposite of Ovechkin, is off the board. However, these feelings do not last very long, as they add a potential #1 defenseman to their roster in Karl Alzner. A steady blueliner who can lead the PP and the PK, Alzner will be a hit in Washington for years to come.
6. Edmonton – Jakub Voracek
Edmonton sprints to the podium in excitement to select a player they had in the top three of their draft board - Voracek. Voracek is a dynamic winger the has great speed and can play in all situations. They see a little of Alex Hemsky in Voracek, one of their hometown favorites.
7. Columbus – Sam Gagner
Many are surprised when Columbus announces their pick of Gagner, as many had expected them to opt for a defenseman. But Columbus takes the high scoring Knight, feeling that Gagner's playmaking abilities had more to do with his production then Patrick Kane's presence.
8. Boston – Logan Couture
Boston would have taken Gagner if available, but they are more than content to pick up center Logan Couture. They feel Couture is a relatively "safe" pick and like his combination of defensive awareness and playmaking ability.
9. St. Louis – Keaton Ellerby
St. Louis originally intended to take a forward here, but ultimately decided that it would be a mistake to let Ellerby slip any further. The Blues like Ellerby's skating ability and solid defensive play, and see him as a perfect partner for Erik Johnson.
10. Florida – Kevin Shattenkirk
The Panthers get their man in BU bound Kevin Shattenkirk, an offensive defenseman who reminds them of Scott Niedermayer. They like Shattenkirk's potential and his play at the U18 worlds, and think that Jack Parker's influence will be great for his development.
11. Carolina – Ryan McDonagh
Carolina is ecstatic to pick up McDounagh, aka Mr. Hockey. With the loss of Jack Jonhson, the Hurricanes really wanted to pick up a defenseman and got a great one in the mobile and adaptive McDounagh.
12. Montreal – Angelo Esposito
Montreal is very pleased to come away with Esposito, who they saw as a top-5 talent. The Habs feel that his character issues are overblown and refuse to let Espo fall any further.
13. Toronto – Lars Eller
The Leafs nab the big, raw center Eller, who they see as a perfect replacement for Mats Sundin. Eller's complete game reminds them of Kopitar, and they feel he fits in very nicely with their system.
14. Colorado - Zach Hamill
This pick came as a shock to a few observers, as they had Billy Sweat penciled in for Colorado's pick. Sweatt was strongly considered, but ultimately Colorado decided upon the skilled playmaking centerman who will learn a great deal from playing with Joe Sakic.
15. Edmonton - Nick Petrecki
Edmonton happily picks up Petrecki, a big defenseman who hits like a truck and has a canon of a slapper. They compare Petrecki with Dion Phaneuf, Calgary's defensive monster terrorizing them from across Alberta. Petrecki's commitment to Boston College is an added bonus, as the Oilers feel that Jerry York's coaching and the strength of BC's team will boost his development.
16. Anaheim – Mikael Backlund
Anaheim takes Backlund, the skilled Swedish Center who at times appeared to be a top-10 talent. If Backlund can put it all together, this could wind up being one of the biggest steals of the day.
17. New York Rangers – Bill Sweatt
The Rangers are quite pleased to pick up Sweatt, who is considered to be a very "safe" prospect. Sweatt's blazing speed, scoring ability, and defensive awareness as well as impressive performances at the WJC and U18 tournaments have the Rangers penciling him into their top 6.
18. Calgary – Max Pacioretty
Calgary decides on Pacioretty, one of the few true power forwards in this class. Pacioretty is a bit of a project, but his size and raw skill is very attractive.
19. Minnesota – Brandon Sutter

Sutter is a player who would fit in very nicely with Minneosta's system - and at 19 is an absolute steal. Sutter has sound skating abilities and is great in the defensive end.
20. Pittsburgh – Oscar Moller
Pittsburgh opts for Moller, a high energy, high scoring speedster. The Penguins feel that Moller will look great playing wing with any one of their elite centers.

21. Phoenix – Maxim Mayorov
22. Montreal – Jon Blum
23. Philadelphia – Colton Gilles
24. St. Louis – Jim O’Brien
25. Vancouver – Alex Plante
26. St. Louis – Luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i
27. Ottawa – Patrick White
28. Detroit – Thomas Hickey
29. Edmonton – Joakim Andersson
30. Washington – Jeremy Smith

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
I highly doubt LA picks up the Russian. With recent comments from Lombardi about them signing Jan Marek, DL thinks it's hard to compete with Russian teams paying their players "tax Free" 2 mil+ saleries. DL will choose Alzner or Vorecek over the Russian, I'll even give odds ;), or the pick will be moved.

Bégin is the bestest*

i think it's a good mock draft, but i don't like the players you picked for Montréal.

Esposito, normally i like québécois players but i've heard too much negative things about him, i don't want the habs to draft him.

Blum, he has great offensive skills, but he's too thin, i don't think i want the habs to draft a thin dman. i prefer Shattenkirk (but i think he'll be gone before 22nd) or Hickey.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
i dont think washington will pick smith.

1. they allready have varlamov and neuvirth who are both better then smith.

2. he is NOT the BPA.

i dont think plante or o'brien will be picked in the first round either.

gillies. i hate him, but he will most likely be a first rounder.

other then that i like what you have done. good job :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad