GDT: nyrcar -- snowmageddon edition

Clark Gillies

Oct 3, 2006
Carolina
B2B rule. 3-2 win.

Rangers are like 2-11 in their last 13 on the road and Lundqvist can't stop a beach ball right now. We need to win.

Let's go Canes!

It will be interesting to see the attendance tonight - considering the roads are probably going to get significantly worse according to most forecasts. I would predict we may see a record low in the building.

That being said the Rangers usually draw pretty well at PNC with a lot Rags fans buying up tickets. We shall see if the stupid ex New Yorkers think this is nothing and they can drive in anything and still show up. (I can call them stupid because I am a former NYer)

I will probably make up my mind about an hour before the game, whether I want to venture out or not, but unless it seriously changes I will most likely catch the game on the tube.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I think I'll take Uber to the game. That way, some poor dumb ******* that isn't me wrecks his car, and I can just call another Uber.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
That being said the Rangers usually draw pretty well at PNC with a lot Rags fans buying up tickets. We shall see if the stupid ex New Yorkers think this is nothing and they can drive in anything and still show up. (I can call them stupid because I am a former NYer)

Can confirm, spoke to 2 stupid ex NYers still planning on going. (I can call them stupid because I'm around so many of them)

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
All snow projections are going to end up on the low end (it was 2-7" in Raleigh), but ice projections will be on the high end (upwards of 0.5"). Only takes 0.1" ice to bring down trees and powerlines.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
How much snow are you guys expecting?

Indeterminate -- but it's not the snow, it's the ice. 1/2 inch to 1 inch. And because it's interspersed with rain and snow, the brine gets washed away.

The bigger concern is losing power. You can't run snowplows over power lines, and when the ice accumulates, Bad Things Happen.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Ah didn't know about the ice. That stuff is no joke, even at .25 inch. Be safe.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
Capitals ticket prices tonight are dropping like a rock because no one wants to be caught in the blizzard. Think im gonna take advantage for $16. I can take the subway there and not worry about driving.

Canes attendance should be interesting....im sure it will be very small.

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
It will be interesting to see the attendance tonight - considering the roads are probably going to get significantly worse according to most forecasts. I would predict we may see a record low in the building.

I will probably make up my mind about an hour before the game, whether I want to venture out or not, but unless it seriously changes I will most likely catch the game on the tube.

I second that, because I'm from NJ and we do that all the time. ;)

Clark Gillies

Oct 3, 2006
Carolina
If you think attendance is going to be bad today, just wait until Sunday's game.

In all honesty, they should have moved Sunday's game to 3 pm the minute the Panthers game time was announced. But being that they play in different NC cities they probably want to believe that it will have no bearing.

I am all for the occasional early Sunday game, but 6pm is just plain dumb.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
In all honesty, they should have moved Sunday's game to 3 pm the minute the Panthers game time was announced. But being that they play in different NC cities they probably want to believe that it will have no bearing.

I am all for the occasional early Sunday game, but 6pm is just plain dumb.

The game is nationally televised in Canada. It wasn't moving anywhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad