LeBrun: NYR will do everything they can to trade for a Top-4 D

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Means nothing unless they commit to reducing Girardi's role and putting Holden on a boat to nowhere.

AV will be an obstacle to both.

The problem with the Rangers is becoming apparent: Gorton and his coach are in different books, let alone not on the same page.

Kanneda

Aug 10, 2014
Madrid
My favourite candidates are Ryan Ellis, Vatanen and Shattenkirk.

Reminder that we have the three spots for Ds for the expansion draft already covered with McDonagh, Staal and Girardi.

Our D for a good playoff run should look like this:
McDonagh-Klein
Staal-X
Skjei/Holden-Girardi/Clendening

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Means nothing unless they commit to reducing Girardi's role and putting Holden on a boat to nowhere.

AV will be an obstacle to both.

The problem with the Rangers is becoming apparent: Gorton and his coach are in different books, let alone not on the same page.

That usually ends with the coach being fired.

At 4-2 and beating some very good teams (SJS, WSH), I don't see AV getting canned anytime soon. If they don't plan on firing AV, not sure why we would acquired a top-2/4 defenseman. We could go and get Trouba or Shattenkirk and AV would still play either of them on the third pair.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
I would guess Shattenkirk, being that he is more likely to sign in the East come July while costing only futures.

NYR 1st '17 + Graves for Shattenkirk? Klein could then be dealt away to recoup futures lost the last couple of deadlines; from Edmonton I'd easily offer a 2nd + 3rd +.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Hate the way he worded this. It implies Gorton is going to go full Slats and start dealing away picks and prospects for rentals or something. So far GMJG hasn't shown any indication that making a move like that is part of the plan.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Shattenkirk seems like a fit but it could have to wait until the off-season.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
"Rangers need Top-4 D (preferably RHS) between now and the trade deadline. In other news, water is wet. More at 11, now here's Janet with the weather."

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
Why? Unless they move girardi or Staal that player would be exposed in the expansion draft, also they dont have enough cap space

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Been beaten to death already on the Rangers board. McKenzie also made mention last week, but where there's smoke...

Speculation on the Rangers board has primarily been...

JT Miller straight up.
Combo of JT Miller and Brady Skjei.
Zuccarello Straight Up.
Rick Nash Straight Up or some money retained.

All of the aforementioned are off to good starts.

Miller is on pace for his best season. He is also doing it from the Rangers 3rd line. Afforadble player, who is versatile. Played every F position so far. Has also been physical. Likely thier most tradeable asset. Personally, I think he should be off the table...but his name has been mentioned more then most.

Zucc is playing steady eddie again. New linemates this season. Has been solid. 5 points in 6 games.

Rookie season for Brady Skjei and he hasen't looked out of place at all. Size and speed. Has been solid, but is behind McDonagh and Staal on the depth chart. IMO far better player overall then Clendaning or Holden. Not saying much I guess.

Rick Nash has 2 goals on the season. He has looked really good so far though. Literally could have scored in every game. Ringing posts, goalies coming up big etc etc. Looks like he did a few seasons ago.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Hate the way he worded this. It implies Gorton is going to go full Slats and start dealing away picks and prospects for rentals or something. So far GMJG hasn't shown any indication that making a move like that is part of the plan.

Most vets suck anyway, who would we trade for?

We are looking at younger options. Vatanen, Lindholm, Trouba and the likes. Might have to settle for someone more low key.

Some moves will be made, we all know that we are in the running for some very good Ds. Most fans at this place won't acknowledge it, but Gorton got a lot of ammo. Skjei is looking really really good. JT Miller is a very good young player. Some excellent net-mending prospects. Buch, Vesey, Hayes and so forth. Fast and Lindberg. Kovac. Mats Zuccarello. Rich Nash. If we pick up someone 22 y/o, I see no reason to not consider dealing our 1st round pick next season.

It would suck to loose everyone of the names mentioned, but, I mean like, if we get a chance to pick up some of the better young offensive minded Ds out there, its something Gorton should consider for sure. Like Lindholm or Trouba. Maybe Vatanen too, although he maybe is a bit too 1-dimensional to go all in for...

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The Rangers don't need a top 4 D. We'd like to add one, but the defense is playing very well so far this season.

The team seems a lot better than last season.

We don't need to overpay for a top 4D.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Who doesn't i'm sure that tons of teams could use top 4 D help i know Detroit surely can. But how many are out there an available. Possibly Trouba maybe Fowler maybe Shattenkirk take your pick. And tons of teams will be chasing those guys to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad