Pre-Game Talk: NYR vs Tampa Lightning Nov 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Those of us out of state fans in FL always look forward to Turkey Day and of course the night before when our Blueshirts usually play Tampa

I'll be there in 126... Just have to decide on Hank or Kreider jersey

LGR!

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Apparently there will be no video tribute to him on the scoreboard. I still think he gets cheers and the standing ovation. If not TBL fans might be the most spiteful and petulant fans in the league.

LeBrun says in his article there will be.

The Lightning are planning to recognize St. Louis' return with a video during the first period, consistent with what they've done for other former players.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/1...s-martin-st-louis-prepared-worst-return-tampa

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Apparently there will be no video tribute to him on the scoreboard. I still think he gets cheers and the standing ovation. If not TBL fans might be the most spiteful and petulant fans in the league.

Not at all like those classy NYR fans who booed Callahan.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

Oh okay, good. He deserves it. I read there might not be.

Not at all like those classy NYR fans who booed Callahan.

And then gave a standing ovation when they had the video tribute during the first TV timeout.

^ This. There is a big difference between booing someone after thanking them for everything they did for the franchise, and just outright booing them.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
If it were the other way around U know he'd get those 2 pts

So hopefully MSL can make that happen he looks great right now

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
There's also a big difference between the players' careers with their respective clubs.

Ones a 2nd/3rd liner who was the heart and soul captain the other is a future hall of famer, the best player the franchise has ever seen and helped deliver a cup

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
It'd be nice if they cheered him but I certainly get why they're going to boo him. If Lundqvist 5 years from now decided **** it, I don't want to be here anymore and pushed for a trade to one team and one team only and put the Rangers in a bad spot by doing that, would the fans here be happy?

And I do believe a lot of MSL demanding the trade had to do with his family and that should be taken into account by the TBL fans but lets be real here too, the Olympic snub had a lot to do with it. He almost instantly demanded a trade right after it happened.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
Ones a 2nd/3rd liner who was the heart and soul captain the other is a future hall of famer, the best player the franchise has ever seen and helped deliver a cup

Yep. One guy disappeared each postseason. The other guy raises his level.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
Also. :laugh:

Why do so many Tampa fans insist Cally was the one to recruit Boyle and Stralman down to Tampa. I'm sure Boyle's new wife being around the area had nothing to do at all, and the allure of no state income tax.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

Why do so many Tampa fans insist Cally was the one to recruit Boyle and Stralman down to Tampa. I'm sure Boyle's new wife being around the area had nothing to do at all, and the allure of no state income tax.

Another way for them to justify getting Callahan over Marty.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
I want MSL to do it in front of them so bad.

Would be nice. The guy delivered a Stanley Cup to them and was an amazing player. They are acting like he was an underachiever who demanded a trade just to spite them. When Messier returned in 97-98, what reaction did he receive? I was only 6 or 7 I guess.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

Who do you think is responsible for the State of Florida having no income tax? Ryan Callahan.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
One thing I don't understand is how you can even comprehend to boo your team's best player ever, despite the circumstance he departed in (family-related). Even more-so when that player has won basically everything there is to with the team, mainly the Hart/Art Ross/SC and took a discounted deal his last contract. He wasn't even traded to a rivaled team. IDK, it's probably just me though, but it does bother me.

I guess it's sort of like the Vince Carter situation, but he lead the Raptors to nothing. MSL is different.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Would be nice. The guy delivered a Stanley Cup to them and was an amazing player. They are acting like he was an underachiever who demanded a trade just to spite them. When Messier returned in 97-98, what reaction did he receive? I was only 6 or 7 I guess.

Messier was treated like a god. People were crying in the stands. They even cheered when he scored.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=190384

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille