Confirmed Trade: [NYR/VAN] Tyler Motte for 2023 4th round pick

Feb 19, 2018
How does Motte get the same return as Derick Brassard? This one was puzzling to me as he could have helped this season. Listening to the press conference with Allvin it seemed like he wasn’t prepared for the job yet. I’ll reserve judgement until the off-season

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
A good deal for the Rangers. I would have been happy with a late 3rd so the 4th isn't too far off. I had some hope that a 2nd would have been offered but while he offers speed, forechecking and PK help, he has limited offensive upside and that's why his price wasn't as expensive.
To be honest, Motte is better off defending than attacking, which is exactly why he's worth a mid-round pick as a "forward".

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Love Motte. Crazy how a bottom 6 guy goes from criticized acquisition to fan favourite in a short time. (Was the same with Dorsett)

Great memories. Best of luck in NY. Great pickup for the Rangers.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Motter was great for us. His off ice contributions of sharing his battle with mental health issues and spreading awareness is most important.

Speedy 4th liner with upside and steps up in the playoffs. Good pickup for the Rags.

Wish him all the best!

Reactions: Barnaby

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Motter was great for us. His off ice contributions of sharing his battle with mental health issues and spreading awareness is most important.

Speedy 4th liner with upside and steps up in the playoffs. Good pickup for the Rags.

Wish him all the best!
We got just a 4th for him, though, which is something I'm concerned of.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
He wanted more in his next contract then management were willing to pay, so they traded him.

Rather get an asset then have him join a long list of players that have walked for nothing over the years.

Allvin made it clear in his presser there wasn't better offers.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
He wanted more in his next contract then management were willing to pay, so they traded him.

Rather get an asset then have him join a long list of players that have walked for nothing over the years.

Allvin made it clear in his presser there wasn't better offers.
Oh, he wanted to walk. Then, yeah. A fourth-round pick is more than what we normally could've gotten.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad