Confirmed Trade: NYR trade F Cole Schneider to NSH for F Connor Brickley

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Why though? Schneider is a good AHLer and a vet for all the young guys, why down grade? It’s not like Brickley has potential left and he’s not better than Schneider. Weird move, same position as well

Edit-Schneider is actually captain as well

Last edited:

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Why though? Schneider is a good AHLer and a vet for all the young guys, why down grade? It’s not like Brickley has potential left and he’s not better than Schneider. Weird move, same position as well

maybe setting up a bigger move somehow?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
maybe setting up a bigger move somehow?
That’s what I was thinking
Brickley has some NHL experience (much more than Schneider) so maybe they want to use him as the 13th forward up in the NHL once they trade someone?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I think this is for the lindgren call up or something
I don’t get how this trade has to do with the Lindgren call-up though
Lindgren call-up was either insurance for Claesson’s injury or a defenseman trade

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
And the stretch of days between Jan 11-14, 2019 shall henceforth be known as "meaningless dominoes parade player hockey trade acquisition period!"

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Brickley hasn't done much at the AHL level. Not sure how he got to play that many games for Florida.

Last edited:

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Who is this Cory Schneider guy everyone is talking about?
An overpaid old backup goalie. Probably just as relevant to the nhl as cole Schneider is as well lol

Don’t know why anyone would get excited about thinking they read Cory Schneider was dealt. He’s a bum now.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Brickley is not a good AHL player, Schneider appears to be a good AHL player. As a fan of the team who got the good AHL player for the not good AHL player, I'm thrilled. Other than that, I doubt anyone cares about this trade.

Reactions: maplepred

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Makes sense

Top team with lots of depth trades a player who cant get into the lineup with the big club for a guy who can be a vet leader in the AHL

Rebuilding team gets a guy who has shown some flashes at the NHL level in exchange for one of their better, older AHLers

Wouldnt surprise me if Brickley signed in the first place with the agreement that if NSH didnt envision him getting NHL time that they would try to move him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad