Confirmed with Link: [NYR/TBL] Callahan + 2015 1st + Cond.2014 2nd to TBL for Martin St. Louis + Cond pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

HankTheTankYoLo

Aug 4, 2009
I like it actually.

MSL have like 3 years more, he isnt going to move anymore, he is a star.

MSL will get richards good again..

Nash - Richards - St.Louis :)

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
what did you really expect? callahan is a much inferior player and is out of contract in the summer. u have to bridge the gap somehow if ur intent on acquiring st louis.

We had no ****ing business trading for MSL. None. We aren't an MSL away from the cup . The fact that it required such significant assets should have been more reason to run the other way.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Not liking the #1 in 2015. Would have preferred giving up Fast or Lindberg. Oh, and good call by Hradek. Boomer vindicated.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Like I say, if we get a 2nd for Boyle this year and a 2015 first for Staal next year, we'll be at peg one.

We just got one of the top 15 offensive players in the league, so that has to count for something.

I can't get irate about a few high picks after the Clowe incident.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Henrik signed to win a cup, this gives them a fighting chance. They are going to score a ton more

Also if Cally resigns Rangers get a pick back

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
At least there's a conditional pick involved in the trade going our way now. I was about to say I'm really surprised that Tampa didn't at least throw us something else.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
**** Sather. He, again, right, ****ING AGAIN, GUTTED this teams future for another aging superstar.

And you were all clamoring for the trade.

PMantis24

LGR!
Nov 17, 2010
NYC
Ugh... obviously only time will tell how this trade works out, but immediate thoughts are mixed. Happy we don't have to pay Cally 6x6 and MSL should provide some immediate offense. Unhappy that we had to give up a 1st and a 2nd for a guy that is almost 40! Sad that Cally is gone along with the other homegrown Rangers (Dubi, Anisimov) that I really liked and helped make this team a contender. Well Staal is still here.

I wish Cally the best and hope MSL can provide the offense that we need.

Ian

Mike York fan club
Jul 5, 2007
Long Island, NY
While I'm mad about losing the '15 1st, MSL is a legitimate star. If you're going to give up picks in trades, it might as well be for guys who are truly worth it, rather than guys like Clowe, etc. MSL is.

I'm actually pretty excited for this offseason now. Imagine a Richards buyout and a Vanek signing? Talk about depth on the wings.

Let Blaine Die

Holden out 4 a hero
Jan 4, 2012
NYC
I guess the idea is that 2015 draft is so stacked that we can still get good value in the 2nd round, as opposed to the 2014 draft which looks fairly mediocre.

Still would've preferred to keep the 2015 1st. Jesus, our cupboard is really going to be bare with regards to prospects. **** Sather.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Oh good, it's the 1st in the awesome draft year and the 2nd in the mediocre one.

We are not winning ANYTHING with St. Louis, people. So, all we've done is perpetuate the mediocrity - and thrown away two pieces that might have helped to actually, eventually get to true contender status in the process.

Oh, and just really upped the odds that we might actually do the unthinkable and retain Brad Richards. All of you dancing in the streets right now are aware of that fact, right? Are you going to be hypocrites and scream and rant at Sather when that happens? Or are you signed up and actually okay with all the ramifications of this transaction?

Terrible, terrible, terrible deal.

Last edited:

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Lundqvist's elite status probably remains for another 3-4 years. Might as well go for it. MSL helps towards that end more than a 2015 first rounder. And Sather has some time to trade for that pick back anyway.

Looking forward to seeing MSL in red white and blue. And maybe he can teach Zucc, Kreider, and Stepan a thing or two about preparation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad