Confirmed with Link: NYR sign Turner Elson - yet another AAA F

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Need some vets in Hartford. Too many first and second year players and they’ll get their asses handed to them night after night which ain’t a great way to develop prospects. The best way is in a winning atmosphere (like Syracuse has been) and the last decade or so that’s been a real problem for us.
LOL....sign a couple of Turk Gallant's cousins in the Gallant brothers Brett and Alex.....more than enough sandpaper there to go around . The fans will LOVE those two guys and nobody will take liberties with any of our kids either .

Reactions: Ola

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
LOL....sign a couple of Turk Gallant's cousins in the Gallant brothers Brett and Alex.....more than enough sandpaper there to go around . The fans will LOVE those two guys and nobody will take liberties with any of our kids either .
If they want to sign a goon I’m fine with it. Two is overkill. There’s no need to recreate the Danbury Thrashers.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The Trashers belonged in the LNAH, I don't think we will see that type of hockey again.
Have you ever seen Brett and Alex Gallant play? Again if you want to have a fighter on the team one is enough. They're not going to be putting points up.

Number 9

What rhymes with Gagne?
Oct 14, 2008
Park City, UT
Have you ever seen Brett and Alex Gallant play? Again if you want to have a fighter on the team one is enough. They're not going to be putting points up.

Ya I've seen them play and they aren't the Trashers. Did you seen the Trashers play? Either way I'm not disagreeing with you about 1 tough player being good enough.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Ya I've seen them play and they aren't the Trashers. Did you seen the Trashers play? Either way I'm not disagreeing with you about 1 tough player being good enough.

You risk turning the team into a sideshow when you start stacking players like the Gallant's. They've made their careers out of dropping their gloves period. If you feel like your team lacks toughness though one of them can go a long way. They're both excellent at what they do and absolutely fearless. Not very good hockey players at the AHL level though.

Elson can play. He can put up 40 point seasons. He is rough and will fight and generally does well when he does but it's not a defining characteristic of his game. He's not really NHL material but he definitely fits into AHL material. He's a pro.

Reactions: Number 9

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Need some vets in Hartford. Too many first and second year players and they’ll get their asses handed to them night after night which ain’t a great way to develop prospects. The best way is in a winning atmosphere (like Syracuse has been) and the last decade or so that’s been a real problem for us.
Never understood why we didn’t sign more AAAA players like the Leafs or Canes did to stack their AHL teams. Hartford has just always been a mid team

Reactions: Osminator

Number 9

What rhymes with Gagne?
Oct 14, 2008
Park City, UT
You risk turning the team into a sideshow when you start stacking players like the Gallant's. They've made their careers out of dropping their gloves period. If you feel like your team lacks toughness though one of them can go a long way. They're both excellent at what they do and absolutely fearless. Not very good hockey players at the AHL level though.

Elson can play. He can put up 40 point seasons. He is rough and will fight and generally does well when he does but it's not a defining characteristic of his game. He's not really NHL material but he definitely fits into AHL material. He's a pro.

I agree with everything here. I’m not sure what we are arguing about but I like the way you think 🤙😎

Reactions: eco's bones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad