Rumor: NYR Sign Phil Di Giuseppe

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
(Insert insignificant comment about how Drury is really busy).

FWIW - Drury, like most in this industry, is a company man - and likely as white bread as they come. If you think any signings involve him, you’re greatly mistaken. The real work comes from the scouting dept. Drury is just a figure head.

With that out of the way, it’s great to see Drury building our Hartford program up with a solid AAAA add. Great job, Chris.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

FWIW - Drury, like most in this industry, is a company man - and likely as white bread as they come. If you think any signings involve him, you’re greatly mistaken. The real work comes from the scouting dept. Drury is just a figure head.

With that out of the way, it’s great to see Drury building our Hartford program up with a solid AAAA add. Great job, Chris.

congrats on the most pointless post you've made yet :naughty:

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
All these potential bottom 6 guys like Di Giu and McKegg make Namestnikov and Strome all the more expendable.

I know that probably isn't their thinking, but its what comes to mind when I see it.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
All these potential bottom 6 guys like Di Giu and McKegg make Namestnikov and Strome all the more expendable.

I know that probably isn't their thinking, but its what comes to mind when I see it.
Except Strome and Namestnikov are a whole mega crap ton better than those two

Reactions: Kallio

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Drury's not a white bread guy---he's a pizza man.

Colony Grill

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Eh, McKegg and Du Giuseppe are not guys I want anywhere near my NHL roster.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

AAAA guy for Hartford. Probably doesn’t deserve its own thread but figured why not for the sake of order.

Would you even consider him a AAAA guy? I usually think of AAAA guys as players who put up very good to great numbers in the AHL, but it doesn't translate at all in the NHL. Di Giuseppe's numbers in the AHL are middling.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Would you even consider him a AAAA guy? I usually think of AAAA guys as players who put up very good to great numbers in the AHL, but it doesn't translate at all in the NHL. Di Giuseppe's numbers in the AHL are middling.
I know what you mean, but di giuseppe isnt really an offensive player. He brings more than that to the table, which is why i still consider him a AAAA guy. This isnt your Peter Holland or your Connor Brickley, but still a valuable minor leaguer who can fill a hole on the NHL squad if you are plagued with injuries.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

You're reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally stretching it.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Boo Nieves and Phil Di Giuseppe were teammates at Michigan. They could be the main veteran leaders on the Hartford team making NHL minimum salary money playing in the AHL.
Has it been said anywhere that it's a one-way deal? Because I'm skeptical.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad