Confirmed with Link: NYR Sign Morgan Barron to ELC

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I'd be surprised if he makes the team out of camp. Is he going to beat Howden? :laugh:

But hey, who knows. Barron, Khodorenko, Richards. It's nice to have some fresh faces fighting for a spot

we know, he’s not European so you can’t help yourself :laugh:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
As I said in the other thread, I imagine a combination of the Ivy League schools delaying hockey and maybe not even having a season, coupled with the AHL announcing an intended start date, helped compel him to go ahead and sign.

Makes the most sense for sure. Glad he's been formally signed. Could see him making for a great bottom six player for us going forward.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'd be surprised if he makes the team out of camp. Is he going to beat Howden? :laugh:

But hey, who knows. Barron, Khodorenko, Richards. It's nice to have some fresh faces fighting for a spot
Early to say, isn't it? I don't know if it will be necessary to beat Howden. They could easily be without Fast and McKegg. I don't think Di Giuseppe is a lock to make the team even if he's qualified.

Even if they bring back one of those guys or bring in another player, I'm sure a spot or two will be open in the bottom six and Barron will definitely be in that mix. He plays a very pro-style game.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Early to say, isn't it? I don't know if it will be necessary to beat Howden. They could easily be without Fast and McKegg. I don't think Di Giuseppe is a lock to make the team even if he's qualified.

Even if they bring back one of those guys or bring in another player, I'm sure a spot or two will be open in the bottom six and Barron will definitely be in that mix. He plays a very pro-style game.

I hope McKegg is not back, awesome name but pretty dull player. P DiGy if he plays great in the playoffs then keep him, if not then either trade or let him go.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Just saying that there will be a lot of competition, and Howden is basically a given for the team. Having Barron, Richards and Khodorenko fight for spots is great. We need some cheap help with the flat cap. If they can successfully replace Fast with a guy on an ELC, it would go a long way. Last year Micheal Haley made the team, which nobody expected. Who knows what free agent they come up with this time.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I hope McKegg is not back, awesome name but pretty dull player. P DiGy if he plays great in the playoffs then keep him, if not then either trade or let him go.

Could care less if McKegg is back but given the cap situation there is very little reason to not bring him back as a cheap depth guy. He is fine as a 13th forward

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Could care less if McKegg is back but given the cap situation there is very little reason to not bring him back as a cheap depth guy. He is fine as a 13th forward
If he'll take another deal for $1.075M or less (which he will) then absolutely. And PDG should be given a QO as I believe they'd only have to offer $735K. Worst case they end up in Hartford or claimed on waivers.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
If he'll take another deal for $1.075M or less (which he will) then absolutely. And PDG should be given a QO as I believe they'd only have to offer $735K. Worst case they end up in Hartford or claimed on waivers.

agree 100%. Decent cheap depth guys. After next year we will have cap space to upgrade if needed

Reactions: nyr2k2

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I guess I prefer PDG to McKegg too but I think there’s room for both.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
BY6a8gv.jpg

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018

the reason is to develop and give icetime to our prospects like Gettinger, Richards, Khodorenko, etc.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
So Barron projects as a 3rd line LW that can help on special teams ?

Panarin , Kreider , Barron , Lemieux sounds good to me. DGP can hold the spot until Barron is ready

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad