Confirmed with Link: NYR Sign Morgan Barron to ELC

coz21

Ask Me About Barron
Feb 10, 2010
Upstate
Bittersweet feeling for me this weekend. I'm happy for him and he made the right decision but I'm bummed he didn't get another chance in the NCAA tournament. I said if the AHL had a concrete(ish) date that he would probably sign given the uncertainty

My guess is he probably starts at the big camp, goes to Hartford for the start of the year, and depending on the bottom-6 performances could maybe get a call up.

I think we have the makings of a pretty good AHL squad up front depending on how the offseason shakes out. Potentially, Kravy (doubtful but possible), Andersson (again we'll see on this one), Barron, Richards, Khodorenko, Gettinger, plus hopefully a 4A guy or two. Not a bad group plus there's that enormous guy Rueschhoff.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
... I think we have the makings of a pretty good AHL squad up front ... Potentially, Kravy (doubtful but possible), Andersson (again we'll see on this one), Barron, Richards, Khodorenko, Gettinger ...

Lias already confirmed loaned for '20-21 to the team in Sweden that he finished with

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
It’s probably a combination of bad prep and bad copy.

And if the prep is wrong, the whole thing falls apart because those names are pounded into your head.

Teams used to have broadcast boot camps for their comms people, reporters and broadcasters. You’d go over the names, do mock trainings (using video games believe it or not), and get used to having the name role off your tongue.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Interesting watching Barron's Cornell highlight video shows a guy what loves to setup for the right side one-timer on the pp. He appears setup as a primary shooter on that side and wired several shots for goals. LOTS can change in a couple years, but right now having and option like that on the right side that can shoot the puck to compliment the overwhelming rhs players for pp setups could be very nice in the future. Most of those rhs players look like they could be fixtures here for awhile, so adding another lhs piece that could compliment them and offer additional options is a positive down the road.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad