Speculation: NYR Roster Building Thread Part XXXVII (What overpriced asset do we acquire @ TDL?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbaraAlphanse

I've met Kreider several times when he was still at BC. One of my friends who I've kind of lost touch with was one of his best friends.

He is really bright. I've never questioned his on ice or off ice IQ because he's very smart and he also, from what I've heard, assesses things that happen around him (like personal performance) and questions/criticizes/seeks to improve what he does not like. Very self aware. And was very dedicated to improving on the ice. Cognizant of the stuff he eats and drinks to be in the best conditioning.

When he was in the AHL she video chatted with him several times a week. Visited him in HFD and met JT as well.

I also know he's close to his family. My friend said it. Our announcers say it. Kreider himself has said it.

I wouldn't think his personal issues would stem from bad decision making. Just my two cents. I know that working through personal issues can be perceived in that way.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Whatever Kreider's issues are or are not, a win-now team does not really have the time for him to sort that all out so he can focus on hockey. If NY is somehow part of that, trade him. Solves everyone's problems.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Lol this is too true.

There is no way in hell Eric Staal, who would be a UFA rental and whose production has declined WITH a large cap hit, would cost Buchnevich. No way in hell. Lol. There was an article just a couple days ago stating Staal might cost only a 2nd. I can live with that and a B level prospect. Say Ryan Graves.

EJ Hradek was saying on HNL that his price could be close to Ladd. I don't know exactly what that would be for us, maybe 2017 1st+Skjei+conditional 3rd, but it didn't sound like it'd be something very cheap.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
EJ Hradek was saying on HNL that his price could be close to Ladd. I don't know exactly what that would be for us, maybe 2017 1st+Skjei+conditional 3rd, but it didn't sound like it'd be something very cheap.

EJ hradek doesnt know whats up. He's going on logic and presumed value. Most of the trade rumor talk is just different writers recycling someone's old news.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Barb, I agree. I have met him once or twice and am close with someone who sees him very frequently.

I'm not going to speculate but he is the type of person whose problem would be lack of confidence looooooong before it would be overconfidence or a lack of focus/work ethic.

Last point would be that "personal issues" can mean a lot of things. Mental health, family issues, etc. People always leap to party/drugs/alcohol.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
If you can get a great return for Kreider (I believe you can, everyone drools over his speed and physical abilities) I would pull the trigger, this year.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
RE: Kreider. He's a kid and he's human. Its not an easy world or life when your a very exposed athlete in a town like NYC. (regardless of the money, money doesnt make you happier. If your happy to begin with, money can make it more enjoyable, but its not gonna bring you happiness if you dont have peace of mind). If he's got some personal issues and is very introspective, its probably best for him to get out of NY. Don't let your life be dictated by a fanbase and a sports franchise.

BarbaraAlphanse

Barb, I agree. I have met him once or twice and am close with someone who sees him very frequently.

I'm not going to speculate but he is the type of person whose problem would be lack of confidence looooooong before it would be overconfidence or a lack of focus/work ethic.

Last point would be that "personal issues" can mean a lot of things. Mental health, family issues, etc. People always leap to party/drugs/alcohol.

Yep. That's a big reason I wanted to write what I did above.

As I said, he's very cognizant of what he puts in his body - food, drink, etc... I'd be hard pressed to believe personal issues meaning that, which is why I wanted to weigh in and give my .02 about what I think personal issues to mean.

Which is to say I'd believe it to be more personal, family, confidence, along those lines.

From what I had noticed and heard, he's very critical of himself, perhaps to the point of detrimental criticality.

It makes sense if he's battling through something personal, why this season is going the way it is. And another reason I wouldn't trade him. Because it would then mean it isn't an accurate representation of who he is as a player.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I don't know what to tell you if you think Dano and Buchnevich are equal talents.

fact is, Dano was a 1st, 27th overall,
while Buch a 3rd, 75th overall

while you can say you wont trade him, because you believe in his high upside,
it is most certainly a comparable demand from another team

so thats where you try to sell Tambo, Nieves, Fogarty, all drafted sooner than Buch, in his place...

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Dano does not equal Buchnevich on any planet lol

Dano not a top prospect for Chicago at all has already been dealt before. It's not even close to a comparison.

Not to mention it was a bidding war for Ladd. Won't be for Staal he's got a very short list in fact I'd be surprised if the list wasn't just us

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
fact is, Dano was a 1st, 27th overall,
while Buch a 3rd, 75th overall

while you can say you wont trade him, because you believe in his high upside,
it is most certainly a comparable demand from another team

so thats where you try to sell Tambo, Nieves, Fogarty, all drafted sooner than Buch, in his place...

Looking at it this way the Rangers would have to give up Skjei, Buch, and a 1st to get Staal since Dano was a 1st rounder and Buch was a third. Buch alone wouldn't be enough, which is obviously not true.

I think Carolina would do Staal for Buch straight up if you didn't have to factor in the cap and whatever else.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Jiri Sekac is on waivers. There's your 4th line upgrade right there.

Cowen is on waivers too. If we get him and buy him out, we actually gain cap space next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad