Speculation: NYR Roster Building Thread Part XXXVII (What overpriced asset do we acquire @ TDL?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
what dont you guys get about waivers. the worst teams get 1st dibs. any talented young player waived out of necessity (need a roster spot) is gonna be picked up by a rebuilding team.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
what dont you guys get about waivers. the worst teams get 1st dibs. any talented young player waived out of necessity (need a roster spot) is gonna be picked up by a rebuilding team.

We know how waivers works. People are just saying that if he drops through and is available, we should put a claim on him.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
St. Louis had a short list too and Yzerman took Sather to school

Which to this day is head scratching. mind you the 2nd pick hinged on the rangers making the Finals. And mind you bc the rangers made the finals the 1st was really an early 2nd.

But head scratching nonetheless

OrbitalDynamics

#Unsurprised
May 22, 2008
Stalag Luft JFK
Would the organization invest 5 years developing McIlrath only to let Alan Vigno shove him out the door? He has set the kid up to fail from day 1.

Last night Honk was getting run in his crease with no one to stop it,not even Tanner Toffness.Although he's a goal scorer and not a grinder now.

So next year who plays in place of Boyle if Alan Vigno gets Wrath moved?

I hope Gorton has eyes that work...

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
We know how waivers works. People are just saying that if he drops through and is available, we should put a claim on him.

its pointless talk, just like all of the staal/girardi talk... and its annoying when reading through to have to pass the BS

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

But then Yzerman turned around and signed Callahan to that awful contract which will likely play a big role in Stamkos playing somewhere else next year so I guess the joke is really on him?

In all seriousness, the situations aren't quite the same. St. Louis was pretty much a PPG player and wasn't a pure rental- neither of those things apply to Staal.

I don't want Staal, but he isn't in the same boat as Marty.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
tell you what though. Toronto is loading up on space to enable themselves to take back a lot of contracts b4 the deadline. I really see Washington shipping Laich to toronto for space and Toronto flipping him for assets. Same with Bickell. Well played by Toronto.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC

MSL was also putting up like a point a game and not a ufa and yzerman had a playoff team didn't have to trade him at the deadline no pressure.

We gave up an anchor in Callahan a first between 25-30 and the conditional was if we made the Final. I'd make that trade every day

We aren't giving up a similar package to a team that isn't making playoffs has 30 pt ufa that wants to come here and has an nmc

Not even close situation

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
tell you what though. Toronto is loading up on space to enable themselves to take back a lot of contracts b4 the deadline. I really see Washington shipping Laich to toronto for space and Toronto flipping him for assets. Same with Bickell. Well played by Toronto.

Yeah, they're doing this rebuild pretty well so far. They're going to have a stupid amount of picks in these next two upcoming drafts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad