Prospect Info: NYR Prospect Poll: #9

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Igor Shesterkin won the 3-way tie-breaker. Mackenzie Skapski is the third goalie who is added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Anthony Duclair
2. C Kevin Hayes
3. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich
4. D Brady Skjei
5. RW Jesper Fast

SECOND TIER

6. C Oscar Lindberg
7. D Dylan McIlrath
8. G Igor Shesterkin

Igor Shesterkin
Goalie
Born Dec 30 1995 -- Moscow, Russia
Height 6.01 -- Weight 187

SKA St. Petersburg KHL 4GP 2-0-2 2.45 .908
SKA-Kareliya VHL 8GP 1.72 .943
SKA-1946 MHL 3FP 2.26 .934

1398446792_b_igor-shesterkin.jpg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED

Allen, Conor
Andersoon, Calle
Bodie, Matt
Bourque, Ryan
Donnay, Troy
Fogarty, Steven
Hughes, Tommy
Iverson, Keegan
Kantor, Michael
Kristo, Dany
Mantha, Ryan
McCarthy, Chris
Missiaen, Jason
Nanne, Tyler
Nicholls, Josh
Nieves, Cristoval
Noreau, Samuel
Nejezchleb, Richard
St. Croix, Michael
Walcott, Daniel
Zamorsky, Petr

Last edited:

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Graves. Add Nieves.

Not much excitement from this point.

Last edited:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Voted for Graves because he's getting great reports from the juniors.

Add Nieves who picked up his play in the recent weeks. Good combination of speed and size still gives me hope.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Haggerty. Add Mantha

I was close to picking Halverson. Think I went with Haggerty because he is closer to getting a shot at the NHL level while Halverson/Graves are further off. I think Hrivik has fallen out of favor here.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Haggerty. Add Mantha

I was close to picking Halverson. Think I went with Haggerty because he is closer to getting a shot at the NHL level while Halverson/Graves are further off. I think Hrivik has fallen out of favor here.

Hags 2.0 is nowhere near the NHL. His play away from the puck is terrible even by AHL standards. These problems are fixable, but will take a minimum of 2 years, probably longer. Don't hold your breath on Haggerty.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Not sure about the love affair with Walcott. There are almost no small defensemen in the NHL. One would think that a small offensive defenseman would dominate offensively in his overager season considering that all sorts of scrubs who spend the rest of their career in the ECHL and lower leagues dominate as overagers. And yet, he's only 17th in the QMJHL in scoring among the defensemen, and 54th in all the Canadian Junior Leagues.

Is he smart? Wonderful, but so is Bodie and he's almost certainly going nowhere from the AHL. It's true that Walcott is 4 years younger, so he can put on some weight, but small is small, and not putting up dominant numbers in your overager season is a bad sign. Sam Klassen was a pure stay-at-home tough defenseman who wound up being a borderline AHL/ECHL player and is now in Germany, and even he managed 30 points in 67 games as an overager because overagers tend to run up numbers no matter what.

I think he looks much better at the Junior level where his size isn't abused and he can still put up respectable numbers, but he'll have an awfully hard time in the pros.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad