Prospect Info: NYR Prospect Poll: #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Not to ruin everyone's day around here, but McIlrath is the last player I take on that list right now.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I wouldn't put Lindberg in the top 10 at this point. He has not improved in his second, AHL season. I also have Graves considerably ahead of McIlrath who like Lindberg, has also regressed this year.

You're off to a great start posting.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I like Lindberg. He's not huge but he has good size. He competes. He's a well rounded player. A good face-off man. If he doesn't go back to Sweden I expect he'll eventually become at least a decent 3rd/4th line NHL player. I really don't see him as a top 6 guy. Maybe a career comparable to Dominic Moore--though he's a larger player. IMO he's our best forward prospect in Hartford.

But sometimes I get the idea that some people think even our 3rd and 4th liners should be 30-30-60 guys. It would be great but its not going to happen. You do need forwards who are rounded.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I've been really impressed by Graves. For me, this one was between 'Taker, Shesty, and Graves, but I went with Graves this time around. I feel like he's stepped up each time the opportunity was available, and while he is still a bit away from the pros, you have to like what he's shown so far.

Add Hrivik.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
The only thing that bothers me about Lindberg's game is that he "plays small."

If you asked me to quantify that statement, I wouldn't be able to do a very good job. When I watch him play, I would never believe he's 6'1".

He's a smart player for sure, but not someone who's going to make space for his line mates or win a ton of physical battles.

I could be way off base since I don't watch more than a handful of Pack games, but that's what I see when I do.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
The only thing that bothers me about Lindberg's game is that he "plays small."

If you asked me to quantify that statement, I wouldn't be able to do a very good job. When I watch him play, I would never believe he's 6'1".

He's a smart player for sure, but not someone who's going to make space for his line mates or win a ton of physical battles.

I could be way off base since I don't watch more than a handful of Pack games, but that's what I see when I do.

Understood and I know exactly what you mean, but that's been part of the same transition that Fast has made. Hopefully Lindberg can do the same. We'll know in a year or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad