Prospect Info: NYR Prospect Poll: #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Lindberg won a close one as the first tier-2 prospect and Ryan Haggerty is added to the poll.

Write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion better.

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Anthony Duclair
2. C Kevin Hayes
3. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich
4. D Brady Skjei
5. RW Jesper Fast

SECOND TIER

6. C Oscar Lindberg

Oscar Lindberg
Center -- shoots L
Born Oct 29 1991 -- Skelleftea, Sweden
Height 6.01 -- Weight 190

2014-15 Hartford Wolf Pack AHL 39 11 14 25 38PIM

Lindberg_Action_Shot.jpg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED

Allen, Conor
Andersoon, Calle
Bodie, Matt
Bourque, Ryan
Donnay, Troy
Fogarty, Steven
Hrivik, Marek
Hughes, Tommy
Iverson, Keegan
Kantor, Michael
Kristo, Dany
Mantha, Ryan
McCarthy, Chris
Missiaen, Jason
Nanne, Tyler
Nicholls, Josh
Nieves, Cristoval
Noreau, Samuel
Nejezchleb, Richard
Skapski, Mackenzie
St. Croix, Michael
Walcott, Daniel
Zamorsky, Petr

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Going with McIlrath again. He's now our #8 defenseman, ahead of Allen and Kostka, and is improving rapidly even since the Fall. He'll be ready to play in the top-6 next season, if a spot opens up.

Add Hrivik. It's a travesty that Lindberg is already placed and Hrivik is not in the poll. He's a similar quality player of the same exact age. If anything, Hrivik has been better than Lindberg the last month. He's ready to play in the NHL today if a spot opens up.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
By the way, the only reason I am not voting for Shesterkin, Halverson or Skapski yet is that goalies are the highest risk of any prospects. Not only do many collapse despite a promising early career (Corey Hirsch, Cloutier, Asplund, etc), but some crap out in the NHL after a good season or two (e.g., Pet Detective).

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
By the way, the only reason I am not voting for Shesterkin, Halverson or Skapski yet is that goalies are the highest risk of any prospects. Not only do many collapse despite a promising early career (Corey Hirsch, Cloutier, Asplund, etc), but some crap out in the NHL after a good season or two (e.g., Pet Detective).

Between one of them, let's hope we have Hank's replacement down the line. I like Shesterkin's potential.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
McIlrath. Allen.

Not a big fan of Hrivik. He's picked it up lately but 4 goals half way through the season. If he has so much trouble scoring at the AHL level--I don't see him scoring much at the NHL level. So what's he going to be a 4th liner?--replacing Glass?--that's okay but not replacing Miller, Fast or Stempniak.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Hrivik plays a very project-able NHL game. I'm just not sold on him making it with our depth. He could probably walk onto an Edmonton or Buffalo and give them quality 4th line minutes. Here? Not so much. Too many players ahead of him. It's only going to get worse as guys like Lindberg, Duclair, Buchnevich, and Haggerty are ready for NHL minutes.

richardsequalscup*

I wouldn't put Lindberg in the top 10 at this point. He has not improved in his second, AHL season. I also have Graves considerably ahead of McIlrath who like Lindberg, has also regressed this year.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Graves has been on the steepest by far development curve out of all eligible prospects. Add Hrvik, I guess. I just hate how low is his SOG average.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Hrivik. That dude is going to be an NHLer. Just not here.

Why not? He can replace Stempniak next season. The kid is only 23 years old and keeps improving. He's good in all 3 zones at the AHL level, though in the NHL he's unlikely to put up any significant amount of points. He's kind of like Dominic Moore but without the faceoff ability, which he won't need if he plays in the wing.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I wouldn't put Lindberg in the top 10 at this point. He has not improved in his second, AHL season. I also have Graves considerably ahead of McIlrath who like Lindberg, has also regressed this year.

In what alternate universe did McIlrath regress this year? Do you watch the Pack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad