Prospect Info: NYR Prospect Poll: #7

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Im havin sex w u rn
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
When you check off boxes in regards to all the attributes that make up the best overall hockey player, Lindberg is at or near the top of the list among all these prospects being listed.

With OL, no one thing stands out, but the overall game is solid pro.

Yeah, I'd probably have him between 2-4 behind Miller and possibly Skjei/McIlrath. But I don't rank anyone else above him at the moment. I think the team envisions him as Boyle's replacement, and I see him excelling in that role. Love Duclair's potential, but one year is one year.

mti79

May 11, 2007
Lindberg isn't the flashiest prospect but he's solid. Should be higher than he is. Add Nejezchleb

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Allen is going to keep dropping, by the look of it. He's going to be the next Sauer and take everyone by surprise here.

Probably the most surprising is how no one rates Tambellini in the top 15, seemingly.

I want to see Tambo be productive for a full season, and also increase his ES scoring. He has the tools, but I'm still somewhat skeptical about the toolbox.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I find the statements regarding Lindberg's ranking a little puzzling. If you think he should be higher, there are obviously players that you see ranked in the top 6 who you think should be below him. Who are they?

IMO, the only one I'd bump down would be McIlrath (I'd have him below both Lindberg and Allen), but other than that, everyone we see up there belongs at least on par with OL, if not above. The fact that he is where he is is indicative of the fact that we had a couple of 3rd round prospects (Duclair and Buchnevich) step up and absolutely demolish their expectations. And that, for the record, is a very good thing for the organization.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Oscar again. Agree Allen likely next.

The other guys you've got here, I'm not sure I'd have any of them ahead of Hrivik, Tambellini, Bodie or Graves.
But I do trust Gordie Clark on Halverson's potential.
Kristo had a good scoring rookie year.
Nieves and Haggerty don't merit top 10.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Bodie is an interesting one because I think he can definitely be a Gilroy level #7 rotational defender right away.

But his upside is certainly not top-4 like Allen or the others.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I find the statements regarding Lindberg's ranking a little puzzling. If you think he should be higher, there are obviously players that you see ranked in the top 6 who you think should be below him. Who are they?

IMO, the only one I'd bump down would be McIlrath (I'd have him below both Lindberg and Allen), but other than that, everyone we see up there belongs at least on par with OL, if not above. The fact that he is where he is is indicative of the fact that we had a couple of 3rd round prospects (Duclair and Buchnevich) step up and absolutely demolish their expectations. And that, for the record, is a very good thing for the organization.

Response to this in the next round: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1704585

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad