Prospect Info: NYR Prospect Poll: #7

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Pavel Buchnevich easily won round 6. Cristoval Nieves is added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. C J.T. Miller
2. D Brady Skjei
3. LW Anthony Duclair
4. D Dylan McIlrath
5. RW Jesper Fast
6. LW Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich
Left Wing
Born Apr 17 1995 -- Cherepovets, Russia
Height 6.01 -- Weight 161

2013-14 Cherepovets Severstal KHL 40 7-11-18 12PIM

1387860921_b_pavel-buchnevich.jpg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED

Andersoon, Calle
Bodie, Matt
Bourque, Ryan
Donnay, Troy
Fogarty, Steven
Graves, Ryan
Hrivik, Marek
Hughes, Tommy
Iverson, Keegan
Kantor, Michael
Mantha, Ryan
McCarthy, Chris
Missiaen, Jason
Nanne, Tyler
Nicholls, Josh
Noreau, Samuel
Nejezchleb, Richard
Shestyorkin, Igor
Skapski, Mackenzie
St. Croix, Michael
Tambellini, Adam
Walcot, Daniel
Yogan, Andrew
Zamorsky, Petr

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Instead of having 6 categories with 5 players in each, we'll have 5 categories with half a dozen players each. TBH, it's because it would be grossly unfair to Butcher if he weren't in the same category as Duke and Fast, who are not significantly (if at all) better as prospects.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Voted for Lindberg because he proved himself a superior player in Sweden and a quality top-6 forward in Hartford. He'll be an NHLer with potential as high as Hagelin's (very different style, but I'm talking about value).

Add Graves because all the reports say he was great last season.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Lindberg, add Graves. Tough decision between Lindberg and Allen.

Wolfpack21

Dec 14, 2008
Ranger fan in Jersey
For me it has to be Lindberg, so much hype going into camp last year. I think with a spot available he will have a chance to show what he's got this year. Add graves I suppose.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Got to go with Halverson if you trust Clark and Co. making him our first round pick this year (and earliest goalie pick since he got in charge). It would be Lindberg otherwise but his reasonable ceiling is 3C. Add Graves (Tambs should be next).

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Really hard decision between Lindberg and Allen. Went with Lindberg, Allen definitely next. Add Graves.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Think Lindberg is more of a sure thing than Kristo or Allen. Not sure the other 3 have an NHL future.

Add Fogarty. I'm high on him for some reason. I don't know why.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
How the hell has Lindberg lasted this long?

When you check off boxes in regards to all the attributes that make up the best overall hockey player, Lindberg is at or near the top of the list among all these prospects being listed.

With OL, no one thing stands out, but the overall game is solid pro.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Allen is going to keep dropping, by the look of it. He's going to be the next Sauer and take everyone by surprise here.

Probably the most surprising is how no one rates Tambellini in the top 15, seemingly.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Allen is going to keep dropping, by the look of it. He's going to be the next Sauer and take everyone by surprise here.

Probably the most surprising is how no one rates Tambellini in the top 15, seemingly.

I voted Allen here, but I understand why people are taking Lindberg. If Allen doesn't go next, though, he's being very underrated. He looked every bit an NHL player in his limited stint with the big club. Smooth skater, and incredibly calm with the puck (which you can't say about many of our dmen outside McDonagh). There's alot to like about his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad