Prospect Info: NYR Prospect Poll: #5

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Dylan McIlrath took the majority of the vote in round 4. Ryan Haggerty is added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. C J.T. Miller
2. D Brady Skjei
3. LW Anthony Duclair
4. D Dylan McIlrath

Dylan McIlrath
Defense -- shoots R
Born Apr 20 1992 -- Winnipeg, MAN
Height 6.05 -- Weight 215

2013-14 Hartford Wolf Pack AHL 62 6-11-17 165 PIM

10585944963_23d55e13c7_o.jpg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED

Andersoon, Calle
Bodie, Matt
Bourque, Ryan
Donnay, Troy
Fogarty, Steven
Graves, Ryan
Halverson, Brandon
Hrivik, Marek
Hughes, Tommy
Iverson, Keegan
Kantor, Michael
Mantha, Ryan
McCarthy, Chris
Missiaen, Jason
Nanne, Tyler
Nicholls, Josh
Nieves, Cristoval
Noreau, Samuel
Nejezchleb, Richard
Shestyorkin, Igor
Skapski, Mackenzie
St. Croix, Michael
Tambellini, Adam
Walcot, Daniel
Yogan, Andrew
Zamorsky, Petr

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
The Butcher makes me very excited and Haggerty is supposed to be close to NHL-ready, but Fast has actually proven himself to be a borderline player last season and he'll likely crack the NHL next year. He has very solid potential as a middle-6 player.

Add Halverson because he's a second round draft selection just days ago, and I don't believe the remaining players would fetch us back a second round pick.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Buchnevich, add Iverson (I have no conviction on this pick whatsoever but he seems as good an add as any on the list).

Jxmarts

Sep 8, 2008
Buchnevich... for his upside. I was very high on Fast, but I think he took a step back last year.

Add Halverson. The second rounder has more value than any of the remaining prospects. Our lack of depth is starting to show early in this poll.

Jxmarts

Sep 8, 2008
Buchnevich, add Iverson (I have no conviction on this pick whatsoever but he seems as good an add as any on the list).

I realize you said you had no conviction on this pick, but why would you add the third rounder instead of the second rounder we took just a few days ago? Both are a long ways away. I guess you didn't like the Halverson selection...

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Fasth add halverson.

fasth is going to be an nhler...sooner rather than later. kid is just too smart not to be.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
What's your opinion on his upside? Is there offense to his game?

A good amount of offense actually. IMO he needs to get to know the NA style of the game and maybe learn not to do cheap hitting and I think you have a quality NHL player in our midst. We'll see. Low risk signing with a high reward.

Edit: He also scored a goal in today's scrimmage in the prospects camp, assited by Buchnevich.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad