Prospect Info: NYR Prospect Poll: #4

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
The Duke easily beat out the competition to win round three. Conor Allen is added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. C J.T. Miller
2. D Brady Skjei
3. LW Anthony Duclair

Anthony Duclair
Left Wing -- shoots L
Born Aug 26 1995 -- Montreal, PQ
Height 5.11 -- Weight 184

2013-14 Quebec Remparts QMJHL 59 50-49-99 56PIM

Anthony+Duclair+NHL+Draft+Portraits+1FCCGHMpWHyl.jpg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED

Andersoon, Calle
Bodie, Matt
Bourque, Ryan
Donnay, Troy
Fogarty, Steven
Graves, Ryan
Haggery, Ryan
Halverson, Brandon
Hrivik, Marek
Hughes, Tommy
Iverson, Keegan
Kantor, Michael
Mantha, Ryan
McCarthy, Chris
Missiaen, Jason
Nanne, Tyler
Nicholls, Josh
Nieves, Cristoval
Noreau, Samuel
Nejezchleb, Richard
Shestyorkin, Igor
Skapski, Mackenzie
St. Croix, Michael
Tambellini, Adam
Walcot, Daniel
Yogan, Andrew
Zamorsky, Petr

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Voted for McIlrath even though I think Fast and Butcher are close.

Add Haggerty who was a dominant college player as a 20 year old and has a real shot at making the NHL a some point next season.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Fast, add Haggerty. I think Fast has potential to be Hagelin. Any team can use more Hagelins.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
We signed 11 prospects: Allen, Bodie, Donnay, Haggerty, Hrivik, Hughes, Kantor, McCarthy, Missiaen, Nicholls and Zamorsky. Some like Allen are great pickups. Some like Nicholls are a disappointment. Most are between those extremes. Either way, it gave us tremendous farm depth.

We already got some key guys as UDFAs (MZA, Girardi, Talbot) and I bet the current crop will produce more NHLers than before.

While we don't have blue chippers on top, we have terrific prospects depth, which is likely to produce decent NHLers.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Went with Fast, since he has already proven not to be a passenger on an NHL-team. He's much closer to earning a spot.

Add Haggerty

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Went Fast. IMO he is being underrated at this point. On HF a prospect's values seems to immediately plummet as soon as they are actually viewed for a handful of games.

Add Bodie. He's a long shot but he could be just what the Rangers need on D.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I think Fast has the best chance of any prospect other than Miller of making the team next season. He may have a lower ceiling than guys like Buchnevich and Duclair, but he's much closer to hitting that ceiling than they are. So yea I'm just gonna keep voting Fast until he wins

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Voted for McIlrath even though I think Fast and Butcher are close.

Add Haggerty who was a dominant college player as a 20 year old and has a real shot at making the NHL a some point next season.

This^, agree Fast can play now, Butch maybe year's end

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad