Prospect Info: NYR Prospect Poll: #20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Tommy Hughes won round 19. Sam Noreau is added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Anthony Duclair
2. C Kevin Hayes
3. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich
4. D Brady Skjei
5. RW Jesper Fast

SECOND TIER

6. C Oscar Lindberg
7. D Dylan McIlrath
8. G Igor Shesterkin
9. D Ryan Graves
10. G Brandon Halverson
11. C Adam Tambellini
12. G Mackenzie Skapski
13. D Conor Allen
14. RW Ryan Haggerty
15. LW Marek Hrivik
16. C Cristoval Nieves

PROJECTS & SUSPECTS

17. RW Richard Nejezchleb
18. C Steven Fogarty
19. D Tommy Hughes

Tommy Hughes
Defense -- shoots R
Born Apr 7 1992 -- London, ONT
Height 6.02 -- Weight 225

2014-15 Hartford Wolf Pack AHL 28 1 2 3 21PIM

Tommy+Hughes+New+York+Rangers+v+Edmonton+Oilers+kW2KliB0btdl.jpg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED

Andersson, Calle
Bodie, Matt
Bourque, Ryan
Donnay, Troy
Iverson, Keegan
Kantor, Michael
McCarthy, Chris
Missiaen, Jason
Nicholls, Josh
St. Croix, Michael

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Voted for Mantha because he's huge and a good skater, as well as a recent 4th rounder.

Add Iverson because he's a recent 3rd rounder and is still very young, so he can turn around his career despite a bad season this year.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I'm not voting for Walcott for the same reason I'm not voting for Bodie: there are hardly any undersized defensemen in the NHL, and they are usually amazing talents.

Rafalski is one example, but he was built like a bull despite being short, and he was a huge talent - yet still needed to hit his prime at the age of 26 before he made the NHL. I just don't see Walcott as anything remotely Rafalski-like. He's short, thin, not overly talented. Yes, he looks smart out there, but overagers usually do. It's easy for a 20 year old to look smarter (=more experienced and mature) than for a 17 year old. Let's see if he can crack Hartford next year before I vote for him.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I get that McCarthy is a rookie and St. Croix isn't, but McCarthy is 2 years older. If you can't make the AHL at the age of 23, regardless of where you played before, I don't like your NHL chances. I suspect he will stay in the ECHL for most of his career, with a couple seasons in the AHL. Wasted contract.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Zamorsky is a couple years older than Walcott--and like Walcott a heady offensive D. Zamorsky stood out in our training camp--even if afterwards he's not had a great season. Even so his league is better than Walcott's--he's playing against much older competition and although the same height as Walcott he's about 25 lbs. heavier.

Personally at the moment I like Calle Andersson better than Walcott as well. He's having a fairly decent season in Switzerland--at least after he was dealt to Lugano. The other thing to keep in mind both Zamorsky and Andersson have signed NHL contracts with the Rangers and are more or less on loan to European teams. I'm expecting both will be playing in North America next season and at least one of them probably will be Hartford.

Which brings us as well to Troy Donnay--another Rangers NHL signed though undrafted free agent playing overage for Conor McDavid's Erie team. Impressive wing span and he's over 200 lbs. now. He's going to play somewhere whether Greenville or Hartford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad