Prospect Info: NYR Prospect Poll: #20

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
We have been incredibly accurate in these polls in terms of not placing top prospects out of the top-10. There usually 3-5 prospects who make it among those ranked 11-30, but they are usually not great, with the exception of Hagelin and T-Bone.

Nyrvana

Aug 29, 2008
Bronx, NY
www.nyrvana.net
We have been incredibly accurate in these polls in terms of not placing top prospects out of the top-10. There usually 3-5 prospects who make it among those ranked 11-30, but they are usually not great, with the exception of Hagelin and T-Bone.

Yeah, it seems to me that prospects' first years after getting drafted/signed are huge. Callahan, Girardi, and others really jumped up the lists from their first poll to the next poll.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Yeah, it seems to me that prospects' first years after getting drafted/signed are huge. Callahan, Girardi, and others really jumped up the lists from their first poll to the next poll.

Carl Hagelin did too. It's sad seeing Cherry in those old polls.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007

Showing progress is key to a prospect's development. If you stall for a few years and then start to dominate lower levels because you are older than others and not because you are more talented, forget it, you won't be all that great.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Shestyorkin, add Walcott. Get on the Walcott train dammit!

I really want to get on the Walcott bandwagon. All the reports of his skills are really intriguing, and he's followed an interesting development path. He's another guy that has an opportunity to shoot up our list rather quickly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad