Prospect Info: NYR Prospect Poll: #2

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
If you pretend that in 2010 we drafted Hayes 10th and recently signed McIlrath as the low risk/high reward free prospect it doesn't seem that bad.

The 2010 draft was solid even without Hayes. We got Fast, and McIlrath will be playing in the NHL. Getting 2 players, even if none of them are game-breakers is still decent.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
Read the rules. I still think Hayes and Fast should be disqualified since by the time we get towards the end of this poll, they will likely have 65 games played and when we publish the results they will no longer be prospects but que sera, sera.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Read the rules. I still think Hayes and Fast should be disqualified since by the time we get towards the end of this poll, they will likely have 65 games played and when we publish the results they will no longer be prospects but que sera, sera.

They won't play almost 30 games each in the next 3 weeks.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Skjei

Big fan of his even without the offensive production. Kid is big, skates well, great IQ.

Any offensive development, he's got top pair defenceman written all over him.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Skjei

Big fan of his even without the offensive production. Kid is big, skates well, great IQ.

Any offensive development, he's got top pair defenceman written all over him.

Agree--though I'm not sure the offense is really going to come around but IMO he's No. 3 for me after Hayes and Duclair--Buchnevich coming in a very close No. 4

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
Are we supposed to incorporate team needs at all within this or just overall value of the prospect? The OP says to based it on who you would protect in a waiver draft.

For example, I think Duclair is an overall better prospect than Skjei, but in a waiver draft that was held tomorrow, I'd probably keep Skjei over Duclair. We have plenty of wingers while Skjei is pretty much penciled in as bottom pair LD for next year, and we'll definitely need him if we lost Staal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad