Prospect Info: NYR Prospect Poll: #2

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
The Duke won more than half of the vote in round one. Oscar Lindberg is added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Anthony Duclair

Anthony Duclair
Wing -- shoots L
Born Aug 26 1995 -- Montreal, PQ
Height 5.11 -- Weight 184

2014-15 New York Rangers NHL 18 1 6 7 4PIM

Anthony+Duclair+NHL+Draft+Portraits+1FCCGHMpWHyl.jpg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED

Allen, Conor
Andersoon, Calle
Bodie, Matt
Bourque, Ryan
Donnay, Troy
Fogarty, Steven
Graves, Ryan
Haggery, Ryan
Halverson, Brandon
Hrivik, Marek
Hughes, Tommy
Iverson, Keegan
Kantor, Michael
Kristo, Dany
Mantha, Ryan
McCarthy, Chris
Missiaen, Jason
Nanne, Tyler
Nicholls, Josh
Nieves, Cristoval
Noreau, Samuel
Nejezchleb, Richard
Shestyorkin, Igor
Skapski, Mackenzie
St. Croix, Michael
Tambellini, Adam
Walcott, Daniel
Zamorsky, Petr

Last edited:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
It's very close, but I went with the Butcher. While Hayes is great and is playing in the NHL, I doubt that he has first line potential, while the Butcher does. As a teen he's been one of the top players in the second-best league in the world.

Add Graves, though Shesterkin is probably close too.

apoptygma

2-5-9-11
Apr 9, 2011
Voted Hayes.

Add Hrivik, should be a good allround bottom 6 winger. Looked close o NHL ready during preseason. Valuing safe over upside at this point.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Very close between Butch and Hayes, went with Butch but I could go back and forth on those 2 all day.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
What is our prospect criteria?

Fast and Hayes have around 38 games each, and are on the list. Miller has 76 games and is not listed.

Fast and Hayes appear to have graduated, IMO. Once you get a regular roster spot, I don't consider you a prospect.

Voted Buch, add Shesterkin

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
If you pretend that in 2010 we drafted Hayes 10th and recently signed McIlrath as the low risk/high reward free prospect it doesn't seem that bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad