Prospect Info: NYR Prospect Poll: #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Thought that this poll the first round would be at least somewhat competitive, but it wasn't as C J.T. Miller took over 3/4 of the vote. The Duke is added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. C J.T. Miller

J.T. Miller
Center
Born Mar 14 1993 -- East Palestine, OH
Height 6.01 -- Weight 200 [185 cm/91 kg]

2013-14 Hartford Wolf Pack AHL 41 15-28-43 47PIM

jtmiller1.jpeg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED

Allen, Conor
Andersoon, Calle
Bodie, Matt
Bourque, Ryan
Buchnevich, Pavel
Donnay, Troy
Fogarty, Steven
Graves, Ryan
Haggery, Ryan
Halverson, Brandon
Hrivik, Marek
Hughes, Tommy
Iverson, Keegan
Kantor, Michael
Mantha, Ryan
McCarthy, Chris
Nanne, Tyler
Nicholls, Josh
Nieves, Cristoval
Noreau, Samuel
Nejezchleb, Richard
Shestyorkin, Igor
Skapski, Mackenzie
St. Croix, Michael
Tambellini, Adam
Walcot, Daniel
Yogan, Andrew
Zamorsky, Petr

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Voted Skjei because he's safer, but both The Duke and The Butcher have higher upsides.

Speaking of which, add The Butcher.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I was in before the OP. :)

I love Skjei, but went with the upside in Duclair who played like a top 5 pick last year. Very tough choice coming up between him and Buchnevich next round once again.

Brady Skjei

Aug 12, 2010
Skjei is the safer pick. Still has pretty high upside. Tough to choose between him and Duke though.

Add Buch.

The Rangers really just need one prospect with really high upside to pan out into a first liner. We have a bunch of solid prospects, like Fast and Lindberg, who are safe bets to be full-time NHLers and play in effective roles but no one who other teams have to plan their game around. Hopefully Duke and/or Buch become that for us.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Skjei for sure. He's already being compared to McDonagh and he played a solid game with even a little bit of an offensive spark the second half of last year. The couple of games I watched him play I thought he was very smooth. I agree he is a safer pick over Duclair and Buch who certainly have higher upside, but Skjei isn't far behind theirs. Especially if his ceiling is McDonagh 2.0.

Add Buchnevich. Doing what he did in the KHL last year is nothing to scoff at. He's also showing the dedication you like to see showing up early to NA to train before the prospect camp.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't get how people take Skjei over Duclair.

I think having a great offensive prospect is so foreign to Rangers fans that nobody even knows what to think of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad