Prospect Info: NYR Prospect Poll: #17

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Ryan Bourque easily won the tiebreaker for the #16 spot. C Michael St. Croix is added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. C J.T. Miller
2. D Brady Skjei
3. LW Anthony Duclair
4. D Dylan McIlrath
5. RW Jesper Fast
6. LW Pavel Buchnevich

SECOND TIER

7. C Oscar Lindberg
8. D Conor Allen
9. RW Danny Kristo
10. RW Ryan Haggerty
11. G Brandon Halverson
12. C Adam Tambellini

THIRD TIER

13. LW Marek Hrivik
14. C Boo Nieves
15. D Ryan Graves
16. LW Ryan Bourque

Ryan Bourque
Left Wing -- shoots L
Born Jan 3 1991 -- Boxford, MA
Height 5.09 -- Weight 175

2013-14 Hartford Wolf Pack AHL 74 21-16-37 22PIM

Bourque_R_0527_Ins2a.jpg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED

Andersson, Calle
Donnay, Troy
Fogarty, Steven
Hughes, Tommy
Kantor, Michael
Mantha, Ryan
McCarthy, Chris
Missiaen, Jason
Nanne, Tyler
Nicholls, Josh
Noreau, Samuel
Skapski, Mackenzie
Walcott, Daniel
Yogan, Andrew

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Voted for Zamorsky because winning the award for being best defenseman in the Czech league at the age of 21 is a serious accomplishment. He's one of the prospects to watch who may skyrocket by the next poll.

Add Skapski who had a very good season in the juniors.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Voted for Zamorsky because winning the award for being best defenseman in the Czech league at the age of 21 is a serious accomplishment. He's one of the prospects to watch who may skyrocket by the next poll.

Add Skapski who had a very good season in the juniors.

Haven't seen him play, but he should get a chance to do really well in HFD next year. Expecting a combination of McIlrath and Kamper to take up the two RHD slots, so Zamorsky should have a leg up in transitioning to North American ice. HFD's defense next year looks to be stacked. Hunwick, Allen on the left also.

My gut tells me that the Rangers looked at the Monarch's success this past season with their two veteran defenseman and decided to stock up on the farm to field a competitive team. Perfect stop gap solution to let the kids develop without being thrown into the fire.

Speaking of fire, these moves should fire up McIlrath to accelerate his progress to stay up the depth chart. Nothing pushes progress like a little competition.

Voted Keegan Iverson who I know nothing about outside of his frame and low minutes in Portland. Would add Donnay, 6'8" defensman was on the top pairing of a powerhouse Erie team. Played the Girardi role for a legit memorial cup contender last year, and should go back for his overage season.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Bodie add Skapski (consider demoting Shestyorkin for a few rounds)

...Expecting a combination of McIlrath and Kamper to take up the two RHD slots, so Zamorsky should have a leg up in transitioning to North American ice..

I expect Hughes to remain the 2d pair righty.
And Bodie to rise to 2d pair lefty, behind Allen.
If Zamorsky pushes Hunwick/Kampfer to backup (and Noreau back to Greenville), all the better.
But I suspect Zamorsky skates in Finland next year.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Not sure there is space for Zamo and all others in the top 6. He might go back to Europe. I wish he had decided to play in Sweden instead of Finland because the. SHL is a better league, as good as the AHL, maybe better.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I expect Hughes to remain the 2d pair righty.
And Bodie to rise to 2d pair lefty, behind Allen.
If Zamorsky pushes Hunwick/Kampfer to backup (and Noreau back to Greenville), all the better.
But I suspect Zamorsky skates in Finland next year.

Ahh thanks for clarifying. Hughes is a hard worker and very underrated. Don't know if he has an NHL future, but he sure does work hard.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Not sure there is space for Zamo and all others in the top 6. He might go back to Europe. I wish he had decided to play in Sweden instead of Finland because the. SHL is a better league, as good as the AHL, maybe better.

There's not a huge difference in quality between the SHL and Liiga. It's pretty close. He'd be just fine playing in Finland.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Even though I voted for Zamo myself, I'm surprised he's got so many more votes than Mat Bodie, who should really go next.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I'd go Iverson than Bodie, I think.

Ivy probably has a little more potential than Bodie, but Bod stands a much better shot at making the NHL. If Ivy is your average third rounder (and he can't presently be regarded as more than that since he was just drafted in the late third round), he has a 10% chance of playing in the NHL in any capacity. I'd say Bodie is a 50-50 chance, though I have huge doubts that he can be anything more than a 6-7 defenseman. That said, I don't see Ivy's potential to be more than as a bottom-6 center because he lacks offensive skill.

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ
Why isn't Pashnin eligible to be added? He had that one good camp with us and never saw him again.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Iverson, add Skapski.

Will probably go Zamorsky next if he doesn't win this round. Went with Iverson because he's 3 years younger than Zamorsky.

Add Skapski because he had a good season in the WHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00