Prospect Info: NYR Prospect Poll: #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Haggerty won round 14 and Hrivik is prospect #15 because the loser of a two-way tie-breaker has always won the round after the tie-breaker every time in the past. Defensemen Petr Zamorsky and Ryan Mantha are added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Anthony Duclair
2. C Kevin Hayes
3. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich
4. D Brady Skjei
5. RW Jesper Fast

SECOND TIER

6. C Oscar Lindberg
7. D Dylan McIlrath
8. G Igor Shesterkin
9. D Ryan Graves
10. G Brandon Halverson
11. C Adam Tambellini
12. G Mackenzie Skapski
13. D Conor Allen
14. RW Ryan Haggerty
15. LW Marek Hrivik

Ryan Haggerty
Forward -- shoots R
Born Mar 4 1993 -- Stamford, CT
Height 6.00 -- Weight 200

2014-15 Hartford Wolf Pack AHL 42GP 7-11- 18 15PIM

Marek Hrivik
Left Wing -- shoots L
Born Aug 28 1991 -- Zilina, Slovakia
Height 6.01 -- Weight 197

2014-15 Hartford Wolf Pack AHL 42GP 5-11- 16 8PIM

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED

Andersson, Calle
Bodie, Matt
Bourque, Ryan
Donnay, Troy
Hughes, Tommy
Iverson, Keegan
Kantor, Michael
Kristo, Dany
McCarthy, Chris
Missiaen, Jason
Nanne, Tyler
Nicholls, Josh
Noreau, Samuel
St. Croix, Michael

Last edited:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Voted for Nieves because he has the speed, the size and the IQ to play in the NHL.

Add Hughes. He's a solid top-4 defenseman in the AHL at the age of 22, and big defensemen take long to develop, so this is an achievement. Might turn into a solid player one day.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
One more thing: I would like to stop the second tier after Hrivik and start "Projects & Suspects". I think all the remaining prospects are at best projects. The line between Hrivik and the rest of the bunch if pretty clear considering that he's far, far more likely to make the NHL than anyone else remaining.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Nieves, add Nanne.

And FWIW, I'm not voting for Kristo even to be added because I think there's zero chance he's even in the organization after this season. He's probably going to want to go to a team where he has an easier time of breaking in. It sure as hell won't be with the Rangers.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Boo should take this easily IMO. Boo/Haggs/Hrivik was a coin toss.

add Kristo I guess.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Nieves, add Nanne.

And FWIW, I'm not voting for Kristo even to be added because I think there's zero chance he's even in the organization after this season. He's probably going to want to go to a team where he has an easier time of breaking in. It sure as hell won't be with the Rangers.

I get that but he's still our property.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I get that but he's still our property.

I don't think the Rangers could get anything for Kristo. If someone offered them a 7th rounder for him, they would take it. Haggerty, a similar player, is 3 years younger and has about the same number of points in the AHL with less ice time. And Haggerty is regarded at best as a middling prospect in our pool. What's Kristo's value then?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I believe that Fogarty can develop into an NHL player, a bottom 6 center.
Teams need that. Ours does.
He's a righty center, with size, who's been matched against top lines.
Being named Captain at Notre Dame speaks for character and contribution.
The 30 goals/50 assist season at Penticton may not be impressive due to the level, but it must reflect some offensive instincts and skill.

It's time to add Kristo.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I don't think the Rangers could get anything for Kristo. If someone offered them a 7th rounder for him, they would take it. Haggerty, a similar player, is 3 years younger and has about the same number of points in the AHL with less ice time. And Haggerty is regarded at best as a middling prospect in our pool. What's Kristo's value then?

Off course Kristo would fetch way less. He can walk in few months.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Personally I would have voted for Zamorsky at 15.

But anyway...

This is my top 15

1. Hayes
2. Duclair
3. Skjei
4. Buchnevich
5. Fast
6. McIlrath
7. Lindberg
8. Halverson
9. Shesterkin or Shestyorkin
10. Skapski (3rd straight goalie)
11. Allen
12. Graves
13. Haggerty
14. Tambellini
15. Zamorsky

After that it's Hughes, Hrivik, Nieves, Andersson, Fogarty and I don't know--Donnay, Iverson, Nejezchleb, Mantha and Walcott and Nanne I suppose. Get past that first group and I don't have a lot of faith and I've pretty much given up any of our guys in Greenville. Maybe McCarthy but....if you can't make it out of there in two years....well...

Ryan Bourque and Mat Bodie-good AHL players--too small for their respective skill sets. Kristo--not enough heart.

My top 12 though I think are all really solid shots at being NHL players.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I believe that Fogarty can develop into an NHL player, a bottom 6 center.
Teams need that. Ours does.
He's a righty center, with size, who's been matched against top lines.
Being named Captain at Notre Dame speaks for character and contribution.
The 30 goals/50 assist season at Penticton may not be impressive due to the level, but it must reflect some offensive instincts and skill.

It's time to add Kristo.

Nieves add Donnay/Hughes

surprised Fogs is still w/us, let alone this high in the contention.
Did he have that much resurgence last season?

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Too bad it looks like Hughes won't be in our poll next round. I'd have voted for him in the next round. At the age of 22, he's a proven top-4 AHL defenseman who's built like a thick bull and plays a smart defensive game. Defensive defensemen get no hype, which is why Sauer was given up on, McIlrath is hated, etc. But Hughes already has done more than what most of the prospects in the poll (much less people we are still adding) are likely to ever do.

A bull top-4 AHL defenseman is worth more than projects playing their overager seasons in juniors or someone in the USHL.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Too bad it looks like Hughes won't be in our poll next round. I'd have voted for him in the next round. At the age of 22, he's a proven top-4 AHL defenseman who's built like a thick bull and plays a smart defensive game. Defensive defensemen get no hype, which is why Sauer was given up on, McIlrath is hated, etc. But Hughes already has done more than what most of the prospects in the poll (much less people we are still adding) are likely to ever do.

A bull top-4 AHL defenseman is worth more than projects playing their overager seasons in juniors or someone in the USHL.

I'll agree with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad