Prospect Info: NYR Prospect Poll: #16

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Ryan Graves easily won the #15 spot. RW Richard Nejezchleb is added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. C J.T. Miller
2. D Brady Skjei
3. LW Anthony Duclair
4. D Dylan McIlrath
5. RW Jesper Fast
6. LW Pavel Buchnevich

SECOND TIER

7. C Oscar Lindberg
8. D Conor Allen
9. RW Danny Kristo
10. RW Ryan Haggerty
11. G Brandon Halverson
12. C Adam Tambellini

THIRD TIER

13. LW Marek Hrivik
14. C Boo Nieves
15. D Ryan Graves

Ryan Graves
Defense -- shoots L
Born May 21 1995 -- Yarmouth, NS
Height 6.04 -- Weight 225

2013-14 Val d'Or Foreurs QMJHL 26 2-8-10 16PIM

Ryan+Graves+Ashton+Sautner+2014+Memorial+Cup+uHlflvBAGNFl.jpg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED

Andersson, Calle
Donnay, Troy
Fogarty, Steven
Hughes, Tommy
Kantor, Michael
Mantha, Ryan
McCarthy, Chris
Missiaen, Jason
Nanne, Tyler
Nicholls, Josh
Noreau, Samuel
Skapski, Mackenzie
St. Croix, Michael
Walcott, Daniel
Yogan, Andrew

Last edited:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Voted for Bourque because he has the highest chance to make the NHL.

Add St. Croix because he has by far the highest ceiling of all remaining prospects.

mti79

May 11, 2007
Nejezchleb. Add Skapski.

“Nejezchleb is a big forward who can really get moving in a hurry. Has a high skating posture and long strides that make him dangerous in open ice.”
“He is a very skilled forward who has good stick-handling skills. With time, Nejezchleb has become more confident to experiment with a broad selection of moves. Creativity and ability with the puck are impressive.”
He has a quality wrist shot that he can get off quickly and with good velocity. He is a quality puck mover, and has good vision that he uses to create high-quality chances for his teammates while showing little hesitation.
The main downfall to his skill game is that he sometimes tries to be too crafty instead of making a simple play.
He is beginning to use his body more, becoming a monster along the boards by out muscling and outwitting opponents."

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Add St. Croix because he has by far the highest ceiling of all remaining prospects.

That's highly debatable. Being a prolific scorer in junior hockey doesn't necessarily mean you have high upside as a professional. Even if I were to grant that St. Croix has more upside than anyone left, I don't know if it's "by far." Calle Andersson has the tools to be an excellent puck-moving defenseman. He's never going to put it together over here, but he has the "upside." The same can be said for Daniel Walcott regarding a perceived ceiling.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Zamorsky

No one is really worth being added

I definitely think Skapski and Fogarty have the talent to eventually have careers in the NHL (particularly Skapski). Tommy Hughes is another one, that while not flashy and with limited upside, is probably a safe bet to see some NHL action before his professional career is finished. He was pretty good for Hartford last year.

Guys like McCarthy, Walcott and Nanne seem to have some potential. It's hard to really evaluate them without having watched them play. They were just picked in the draft though (or signed, in McCarthy's case), so we shouldn't just write them off as non-prospects. I'm particularly intrigued by the skill sets of Walcott and Nanne.

With that said, if I were running the poll, I'd stop the voting after 20. I can vote in a few more rounds, but after that, there's almost nothing to separate any of the guys that will be remaining. I'll probably just abstain from voting if we go past 20.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I think Hughes has some potential as a big, steady defenseman, but I want to see him improve. He can be a 6/7 guy with size who would play cheap for us and know the system. Possibly more than that. He could even be like Sauer if he gets a bit more physical.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I think Hughes has some potential as a big, steady defenseman, but I want to see him improve. He can be a 6/7 guy with size who would play cheap for us and know the system. Possibly more than that. He could even be like Sauer if he gets a bit more physical.

I don't think Hughes is ever really going to offer anything at all offensively, or even in breakouts and transition. That was one underrated aspect of Sauer's game--he was a good passer, with good vision, and was becoming increasingly comfortable joining the play and pinching. He looked like a guy that would turn into a 30-point defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00