Prospect Info: NYR Prospect Poll: #16 TIEBREAKER

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
With Ryan Bourque and Petr Zamorsky tied at 13 votes each, we need to do a tiebreaker.

Ryan Bourque
Center -- shoots L
Born Jan 3 1991 -- Boxford, MA
Height 5.09 -- Weight 175

2013-14 Hartford Wolf Pack AHL 74 21-16-37 22PIM

Petr Zamorsky
Defense -- shoots R
Born Aug 3 1992
Height 5.11 -- Weight 185

2013-14 Zlin ZPS HC Czech 44 7-11-18 80PIM

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Voted for Bourque because I'm more familiar with him and he's proven himself as a quality top-6 AHLer. But really curious what Zamo can do, he's an interesting prospect.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Zamorsky, because Bourque can't stay healthy enough to get his little frame a shot in the NHL. Doubt the Rangers even use a contract on him anymore. Let Hartford sign him if he really wants to keep at it.

I love anyone from the 2010 U20 team, I just don't think it's going to happen for Bourque.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Zamorsky, because Bourque can't stay healthy enough to get his little frame a shot in the NHL. Doubt the Rangers even use a contract on him anymore. Let Hartford sign him if he really wants to keep at it.

I love anyone from the 2010 U20 team, I just don't think it's going to happen for Bourque.

The Rangers just qualified Bourque a couple weeks ago. So, they obviously think enough of him to have kept him under contract for this season.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Zamorsky, because Borque can't stay healthy enough to get his little frame a shot in the NHL. Doubt the Rangers even use a contract on him anymore. Let Hartford sign him if he really wants to keep at it.

Huh? Granted he played 69 games in his rookie year in the AHL (plus 9 playoff games) and 53 last year, that's not a full season in either case but it's not like he missed 50+ games each year.

Last year he played 74 games. 21 goals and 16 assists while playing premier defensive hockey and being the teams best PKer. He blocks shots. He gets in on the forecheck. He wins puck battles. He also has a VERY good feel for the game on both sides of the puck.

To put it in perspective, Tom Pyatt who was also drafted by the Rangers had 37 points in his 3rd year in the AHL. He also was considered a player who kept himself in great physical shape and was undersized. Good feel for the game. Good speed. Good PKer. He has made himself into a useful 4th liner in the NHL.

That is what I think Ryan's ceiling is. His speed and feel for the game will be used somewhere.

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012

Bourque was already given a QO and the Rangers have said he will be in the discussion for an NHL spot. This is why these prospect polls are a waste of time. I'd guess that 75% of the people voting have a very limited idea of what the hell is even going on.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Bourque was already given a QO and the Rangers have said he will be in the discussion for an NHL spot. This is why these prospect polls are a waste of time. I'd guess that 75% of the people voting have a very limited idea of what the hell is even going on.

A few days ago I reviewed our past results and these polls were vastly, massively more accurate than THN rankings. More accurate than HF rankings too.

At first everyone votes because most people know our top prospects. Then the number of votes keeps falling as fewer people have knowledge, but you will still get 3-4 dozen votes even at the end of the poll.

Last edited:

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
A few days ago I reviewed our past results and these polls were vastly, massively more accurate than THN rankings. More accurate than HF rankings too.

And Bruce Garrioch is a better source than Eklund or Hockey ********.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

At first everyone votes because most people know our top prospects. Then the number of votes keeps falling as fewer people have knowledge, but you will still get 3-4 dozen votes even at the end of the poll.

:yo::amazed::D:naughty::handclap::laugh::laugh:;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad