Prospect Info: NYR Prospect Poll: #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Conor Allen won round 12. Steven Forgarty is added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Anthony Duclair
2. C Kevin Hayes
3. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich
4. D Brady Skjei
5. RW Jesper Fast

SECOND TIER

6. C Oscar Lindberg
7. D Dylan McIlrath
8. G Igor Shesterkin
9. D Ryan Graves
10. G Brandon Halverson
11. C Adam Tambellini
12. G Mackenzie Skapski
13. D Conor Allen

Conor Allen
Defense -- shoots L
Born Jan 31 1990 -- Chicago, IL
[24 yrs. ago]
Height 6.01 -- Weight 210

2014-15 Hartford Wolf Pack AHL 38 6 12 18 46PIM

Conor+Allen+New+York+Rangers+v+Los+Angeles+J43m3tNN18Nl.jpg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED

Andersson, Calle
Bodie, Matt
Bourque, Ryan
Donnay, Troy
Hughes, Tommy
Iverson, Keegan
Kantor, Michael
Kristo, Dany
Mantha, Ryan
McCarthy, Chris
Missiaen, Jason
Nanne, Tyler
Nicholls, Josh
Noreau, Samuel
St. Croix, Michael
Zamorsky, Petr

Last edited:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Voted for Hrivik because he's the only prospect remaining who has better than a 50-50 chance of making the NHL.

Add Mantha because nobody else is worth a 4th rounder.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Hrivik, add Hughes
I'm confident that this round we pick a Forward 8^)

i'd love to see us rank these 6 F's as 2 top, 2 medium, 2 low
I'd have Haggerty and Nieves in my bottom pair, but its all real close and totally guesswork

mti79

May 11, 2007
Voted for Nejezchleb. Add Kristo. Guy still has the skills to produce and I could see him doing it in the NHL if he could ever be consistent.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I thought the reports on Zamorsky weren't great?

I don't think the reports on anybody left right now are all that great. In any case Zamorsky looked very good in training camp--almost Dan Boyle-lite. Obvious that he is not having a great season for Espoo in the Finnish league but it's hard to say exactly what is going on there. Another thing though is the Rangers went out and signed him as an undrafted free agent--meaning there's some belief already established within their scouting ranks that he could potentially be someone. To put it another way--undrafted but signed free agent prospect > drafted but unsigned prospect who is still a question mark--at least in my eyes. So I'd rank him ahead of Nieves, Fogarty, Walcott, Nejezchleb because personally I'm not sure the Rangers are going to sign any of these guys to NHL contracts when all is said and done.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I don't think the reports on anybody left right now are all that great. In any case Zamorsky looked very good in training camp--almost Dan Boyle-lite. Obvious that he is not having a great season for Espoo in the Finnish league but it's hard to say exactly what is going on there. Another thing though is the Rangers went out and signed him as an undrafted free agent--meaning there's some belief already established within their scouting ranks that he could potentially be someone. To put it another way--undrafted but signed free agent prospect > drafted but unsigned prospect who is still a question mark--at least in my eyes. So I'd rank him ahead of Nieves, Fogarty, Walcott, Nejezchleb because personally I'm not sure the Rangers are going to sign any of these guys to NHL contracts when all is said and done.

I agree in general, but I think Slats will definitely offer Nieves a contract.

Last edited:

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Haggerty, add Hughes who looks to be developing quietly into a bottom-pairing NHL d-man. Steady, physical moves well, blocks shots. Underrated player unless you see The Pack

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I agree in general, but I think Slats will definitely offer Nieves a contract.

This is the way I analyze Nieves. I like that he plays for Red Berenson who I think is one of the best coaches of one of the best college hockey programs and that goes back decades. That being said you don't get to the NHL by being a one trick pony. Nieves had a very good freshman year--a not very good sophomore year and is having an average junior year. I don't like that for a forward who relies on skating and skill more than anything else he's not a goal scoring threat in the league he's playing in. 4 goals so far this year is not really cutting it. 15 goals in 94 college hockey games from his freshman year til now is not enough. A pro defenseman is not going to have a problem figuring Boo out if he can't finish and this is not a guy that is bottom 6 material--he's not a grinding player. I don't see how he fits. At least with someone like Fogarty you might say well Blair Betts type 4th line center and if you were okay signing someone like him with that in mind--well fine and dandy.

We have guys already that turn down primo scoring opportunities to make that one extra pass. Zuccarello, Brassard come to mind--to a lesser extent Stepan and St. Louis. All of these guys though do put the puck in the net enough that you cannot take them for granted. They can all finish. They're just too cute some of the time. With Nieves--it's like he's too cute all the time--and that as a college player. As a pro player....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad